Follicle growth

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by babydustonme, Feb 15, 2011.

1. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

Thank u so much .
    I have another query my doctor has asked me to take a cyst scan to chk if the cysts still exist or not should i go for it or no need

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Better do as the doc suggests. Get rid of the cysts first

3. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

i had been to the doctor she tested and said there are no cysts and she has asked me to take stimufol 5 mg tablets two a day for five days wat is this tablet used for and she has asked my husband to go for semen analysis and she said if u want u can go for HSG , SHOULD I GO FOR IT OR dont want

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thats good, there are no cysts... I hope that tablet is for follicle growth. Just go ahead with it!
    HSG is to know the fallopian tube conditions & uterus position. If you are trying for months, can go ahead & it will clear your tubal conditions.
    All the best.

5. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

Hi VASUMATHY,

Thank u so much for the reply. Actually we have tried only for 1 month so i want to know if i have to go for this HSG test or dont want as its a little expensive so is it necessary to go for it .What is this HSG test wat do they do.and another query is whether cysts are there are not can it be known in ur 3 day of periods,please tell.

And if there were no cysts why was i not able to concieve doctor was saying sometimes even stress can cause delay is tat true wat can i do to take out the stress

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  6. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Dear baby dust!!
    Relax! Its just been 1 month of trying and why are you stressing yourself out.. If you have age on your side and you and your DH are absolutely healthy, you can try for 6 more months and then you can go to the gynaec for all the tests.
    I think you are stressed out to the core.. can make out from your posts. Relax , use OPK kits to find out when you are ovulating or use BBT and try on the fertile days.. eat healthy and think positive and be stress free and things will work out..

You can try out yoga or meditation to beat the stress or just stop thinking of ttc and enjoy your life.. if you visit the TTC forum you will find a lot of support there.

Keep calm.
    Lots of baby dust to you..

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  7. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

i want to know if u have cysts or not can be found in 3 rd of periods ?

8. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

It can be found out but sometimes if the sonologist is not an expert it can lead to wrong reports, when i had a scan done on the 3rd day of my periods, i was diagnosed with mild endometriosis as it showed endometric cysts!!! But my doc said , the reading can go wrong during periods and the blood clots might be confused to cyst by inexperienced radiologists..
    and she was perfectly correct as it showed no cysts in the next scan neither was i treated for that!! I was scared to the core hearing i have endometroisis as its a major cause of infertility..

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Stress can delay periods. Stress/tension/anxiety always kills all our TTC efforts. Many have conceived when they are least affected with stress. Choose which one you want, healthy body or stress!
    Many doc asks the patients who are under infertility medication to take up a scan by the second or third day to see the cysts. I don't have much more clear picture on this!

Have HSG only after 6 months to 12 months of natural attempt. Don't rush! Check the below threads for some basic information on it!
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/57008-hsg.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/58146-second-time-hsg-test.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/73339-hsg-informative-videos.html
    Baby dust to you.

10. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

what is this stimufol 5 mg tablets used for .what are teh befits and side effects, what does this tablet do