Follicle growth

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by babydustonme, Feb 15, 2011.

1. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

hi,

mY NAME IS NEHA AM 24 YEARS OLD I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 1YEAR 4 MONTHS , SINCE WE PLANNED FOR A BABY WE CONSULTED THE DOCTOR TO MAKE SURE EVRYTHING WAS ALRIGHT AND ANOTHER REASON TO VISIT DOCTOR WAS THAT I HAD PCOS ISSUE , WHEN I CONSULTED THE DOCTOR SHE HAD ASKED ME TO TAKE DIANE FOR TWO MONTHS AND THEN SHE TOLD ME TO COME ON FIRST DAY OF MY PERIODS AND THEN SHE GAVE ME ANOTHER TABLET WHICH WAS 50 MG AND SHE ASKED ME TO COME 21 ST DAY FOR A FOLLICLE SCAN , AND ON 21ST DAY WHEN I WENT FOR SCAN SHE SAID BOTH THE SIDES THE FOLLICLES ARE VERY SMALL SO SHE ASKED ME TO TAKE CLOFERT 100 MG AND THEN COME ON 9TH DAY AFTER 9TH DAY WHEN SHE CHECKED SHE SAID SINCE FOLLICLE SIZE IS STILL SMALL I WILL GIVE AN INJECTIONA ND SHE GAVE AN INJECTION AND ASKED ME TO COME ON 12 TH DAY FOR A FOLLICLE SCAN WHEN I WENT SHE SAID ONE FOLLICLE IS GROWN GOOD AND IT IS 2.1 CM AND SHE ASKED ME TO TRY WE TRIED ONLY ON 12TH,13TH ,14TH DAY AND 17TH DAY IS THERE ANY CHANCES FOR ME TO CONCIEVE , AND LAST MONTH 29TH I HAD GOT MY PERIODS SO WAT IS TEH IDEAL DAY TO HAVE INTERCOURSE TO CONCIEVE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS QUERY

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Dear Neha,
    You have ICed at the right time when the follicle reached 21mm, so it would have ruptured by 14th or the 15th day. Did not your doc do the scan again to check if the follicle has ruptured? If the follicle has ruptured, there are high chances of you being pregnant this time provided your DH sperm count is normal.
    You can take HPT on Feb 27th or Feb 28th i.e when your periods is due. So relax now during the TWW. Do not get stressed thinking abt the same always. Conc on other things.Take care and eat healthy.
    Lots of baby dust to you dear!

3. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

thank u so much, my doctor never did a scan do check if the follicle had ruptured she just asked me to come if i had missed my period. wish evrything ahppens for good and another query i have can we do intercourse now as well or dont want please tel me , in case the follicle has ruptured and again if i have intercourse is it a problem am sorry to be so personal as am very new to all this and these days am feeling very hungry and i feel am eating more than normal and am getting slight stomach pain doctor had asked me to take miprogen 200mg(progestrone tablets)starting from my 13th day is this side effects because of this tablets or wat exactly is it

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

U can do IC anytime and everytime as long as u feel like doing it and its not done just for TTC sake :) If follicle has ruptured, then that means u have had a successful ovulation and the egg was released to be fertilized by the sperm.
    Feeling hungry, I am not sure if its side effect of progestorene tablets but they make some people feel nauseous and they amplify the pregnancy symptoms. Keep your fingers crossed, relax and hope for the best!
    Do continue taking your progesterone supplements till you get your periods (hope u dont get it :bowdown)
    Lots of sticky baby dust to you!

5. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

Hi,

My sister took me to one ayurveda gynec and she said that if follicle size is good it doesnt mean u can concieve
    since u have pcos issue first cysts needs to be burst out only tat time tehre is cure
    Is it true will not follicle size gud enough help me to concieve easily since i had pcos issue in teh past will it affect me
    please tell me

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

With PCOS many have conceived. Its not always true that with those cysts around you can't conceive. But those cysts affects the follicles growth, sometime the pregnancy. You need good care throughout pregnancy if you have disgusting cysts. With good care, exercise, healthy diet & medical care, cysts can be bought under control & pregnancy can be achieved. Hope this info helps!
    Take care.

7. Sarr

Sarr Bronze IL'ite

You can get yourself a serum progesterone done after 7 days of ovulation.Laevels more than 10 indicates ovulation.I've been tracking cycles for the last 3 months TTC my second baby.:)

8. Sarr

Sarr Bronze IL'ite

PCOS is a state like diabetes and hypertension,controllable but rarely cured.Are you overweight?If so you are likely to have insulin resistance and thus elevated insulin levels.Insulin can affect proper fertlilization and implantation.PCOS patients are also likely to produce more androgens which result in immature eggs which are not fertilized.Did you use any sperm friendly lubricant?Clomiphene is known to dry up cervical mucus and thus impede transit of sperms into the tubes.It can also make your endometrial lining thin.You could also try Letrozole which does not cause these two adverse effects,but unlike Clomiphene,it releases a single egg most of the times.Clomiphene may release multiple eggs which might boost your odds of conception.So its like sholders at par when you consider both drugs.
    Ovarian drilling(using cautery to puncture the ovary) DOES NOT rupture cysts as previously thought.It destroys the andogenic theca cells which prevent proper egg maturation.

9. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

Am very upset today , after using those progestrone tablets and after doctor had said my follicle size in my 12 th day is 2.1 cm and is grown well and i can try i was so happy thinking tat i will concieve soon, but before my 29th day on my 27th day itself i got my periods , i was very upset any idea what was the reason ,is this bcoz of the pcos issue i have or is it bcoz of any other reason.doctor had asked me to come on my first day in case i get my periods
    i dont feel like going to that same doctor again, i feel she will again tell me to take some dozen of tablets , am planning 2 try on our own this month without any doctor and chk , but am confused please suggest.why did this happen to me any reason please tell me

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No one can predict the reason for failed cycle, only we could assume some reasons.
    Some break is always good to our body which would help in relieving from stress & medication. Give a break for a cycle or two, then return to doc if things doesn't turn positive.
    Medication is unavoidable thing if infertility make toll on us. Try to remove the stress from you!
    Stay positive. Baby dust to you!