Flying Via Emirates

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sneha1985, Dec 17, 2019.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It’s not exactly news that South Asians are treated very differently from whites in Arab countries.

2. Dolly_Lite

Dolly_Lite Bronze IL'ite

We flew both ways by Emirates last year. Yes they were very strict with the carry on weight. They were checking the weight of the carry on before boarding the plane also. The service, food were good.

sneha1985 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I assume OP had READ UPDATED Emirates website for rules or conditions in force or and spoken to local office for clarification.
    2. Your idea is out of box indeed. It reminds my college drama days scene after scene, i used to remove shirts dhothis/ lungis and trousers in that order! Final scene with sleeveless vest tucked in Bermuda and of course dumbbells in hands up.
    Bon voyage to OP and her entourage.

sneha1985 likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:may I know what is the amount $$ for excess weight.
    2. You had already completed the journey and landed otherwise of the globe.
    3. Wish your mission all success and wish happy Christmas time along with parents.
    God bless.
    Regards.

sneha1985 likes this.
  5. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I always flew via United Airlines and I have also used Air Canada. They both allow 2 bags, one carry on and one laptop bag. I had read that Delta is coming up with a direct flight from JFK to India. I think even that might allow 2 bags. Also none of these airlines actually weigh carry on bags, only middle east airlines does. I have flown via Etihad airlines before and they did weigh my carry on bag. Since it was under 7 kgs, I was fine but my friends were asked to remove their stuff from carry on since it was overweight. But they do allow additional laptop bag and doesn't weigh that.

I don't mind keeping a limit of 7kgs on carry-on, but additional laptop bag should be allowed I think. Coz most of us working carry 2 laptops one personal and one work laptop and that itself would cross 7kgs limit.

6. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I don't remember the exact $$, but I think it was around $33/kg after converting Dirhams to $$. Thanks and Merry Christmas and New Year to you too!

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Not Sneha, but I flew Etihad to India last year and they only weighed the checked bags. Many people brought alarmingly large carry-ons and no one said anything. I don't know if the policy has changed since then. My parents always fly Lufthansa and again no one weighed the cabin bags. In both cases you can take one small personal bag/laptop bag and a carry-on of the stipulated size.