1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fluttering Butterflies.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bhargivi
    You post brings in many childhood fond memories, I specially loved the multicolored ones. But they were very rare to catch a glimse of, used to be like getting to see the rainbow.
    Nice post.
    Mega

2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Lovely post dear!!enjoyed it to the core.
    Life will be more happy when we feel like this right..
    Enjoy your time with your DS..these are the precious moments..I too never have the tendency to read the book in the park. My eyes used to wander about the kids playing there as my hands are holding the opened book..:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Bhargavi
    Among the many curses that befell Adam when he succumbed to the pestering of Eve and laid his hands on the Forbidden Fruit was that his psyche should be tortured by Time. That’s how we have come to be anxious about our future, regretful of our past and clueless about our present. The passage of time leaves its strong foot-prints in the deep furrows on our foreheads. Have you ever seen an elephant or any other living being carrying such furrows on their foreheads?

The Sixth Sense on which humans pride themselves is an asset only for a person of great wisdom. In all others, it is a great liability. It creates an awful fear of the unknown in us making our very existence untenable. The fluttering butterfly may be perched on a branch of a tree barely few inches away from a predator with a salivating mouth but the butterfly continues with its joyful existence unaware that death is staring at it. But the humans worry themselves sick about known and unknown dangers. Their smiles get wiped out at the very thought of some unsavory possibility. The very sight of an L or I, as Mindian calls them, makes us scream at a decibel level greater than the primordial Big Bang!

The fluttering butterflies seem to justify the rationale behind the Epicurean philosophy of ‘Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die’. There is a subtle difference though. The epicureans are aware of their perishable nature and so theirs is a conscious decision to follow an epicurean life style. But the butterflies are not aware of their perishable nature and that contributes to their joyful disposition. The fluttering butterflies have a strong message for us but being weighed down by our own concerns, we fail to notice it.

A great post Bhargavi. A fluttering butterfly is a nice creature to emulate. For that, we may just need to step outside of ourselves and become an Alice in Wonderland!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. Very lovely to read knbg...

1 person likes this.
  5. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

Dear bhargavi,

nice post.We should try to imitate the butterflies to have joy and fun in our life.Happy New Year to you and your family.

Shruti

1 person likes this.
  6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Arunaji.....:)
    Thank you......for your kind words and for joining in the butterfly club........:bowdown:cheers

7. knbg

Hello Mega,
    Glad that the post gave some butterfly memories....Thanks dear....:)

8. knbg

Thank you Prana......Very true dear......those moments relax and refresh us more .....

9. knbg

Respected Sri Sir,
    Best regards.

Thank you very much Sir, for sharing your valuable views and broadening my horizon.....:)

10. knbg

Thank you dear Pallavi

Thank you dear SM ....Thanks for your fond wishes...