1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fluttering Butterflies.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Jan 6, 2012.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear friends.......:)

Happy New Year......!

It was a sunny morning today.....bright and cheerful......
    My dear son was at home on winter vacation, and we walked to the neighborhood park......chatting merrily....

There......every one....., young and old were fresh....,
    some skating....., some jogging....,some chatting.....,some walking......
    and we went to the kids play area......
    The sign board said......"No adults allowed unless accompanied by kids"

My son told me......."Mom, you can come in here..... I am with you....!!!"
    He immediately joined the group of kids who were playing there and they were in their own world.......blissful world....filled with laughter and cheer......

I sat on the bench there.......and picked my book......but, I could not concentrate........and I just looked around the park......

I saw some butterflies..........!

colorful and cheerful......fluttering with frolic.....
    How care free they are.......and how gleeful they are......
    Celebrating their freedom from chrysalis......
    Fluttering their colorful wings.......
    Not worried of their preying predators or naughty kids.......
    Not worried of their short life-span......
    Spreading happiness wherever they go......
    Enjoying every moment of their life......to the fullest......just like the zen philosophy says.....:coffee

"Mom........We won.....!!!"...the loud , happy cry of my son stirred me......
    I saw him laughing with a gleam in his eyes ....( three teeth are missing now....an update....)

I patted his back.....and he was gone......again to play......

How happy these kids are......:coffee

Just like those fluttering butterflies........
    Happy.......
    Cheerful.....
    Jumping with joy.....
    Care free.......
    Gleeful......
    Celebrating their freedom from infancy and toddler hood......
    Freedom from the confinements of their home......
    Not worried about complaining mamas and disciplining papas.....
    Not worried of exams....
    Enjoying their life.....
    Spreading joy and cheer wherever they are......

I made a resolution......a New Year resolution....then and there......:thumbsup

To Smile......Breath...... and Go slowly...........
    To concentrate....and to be mindful.........
    To live like those fluttering butterflies........at least for a few minutes a day...:)

How about you friends......?!?

Shall we be Fluttering Butterflies from this New Year.........?!?!

12 people like this.

2. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

wow.... what a sweet and cute post abt the flutterins butterflies and carefree life of them.... Lovely one bhargs!!
    a true one too... Childhood days are the best... nothing to be worried abt....

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhargavi,

What a lovely, colourful post, spreading joy to the readers. It is a real treat reading about butterflies. Believe me, it is ages since I saw one. It reminded me of afternoons in school time when we used to run about catching butterflies for a project. (Sad we had to kill them for marks :-( ) Anyway, my sis helped me with cataloguing them and at the end added "Ahimsa Paramodharmam". Wonder if the teacher got the message.

We also really need to be grateful for the time we get to sit and observe these beautiful creatures around us and to enjoy the peace and tranquility they surround us with.

Thanks Bhargavi for a lovely post.

1 person likes this.
  4. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

. Enjoyable post dear. butterflies and kids they do spread happiness in first sight. They too tranform us as the same.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Good one bhargs. Yes, butterflies and smiling kids do have that effect on us....they always brighten our faces too with a smile and sometimes make us take impulsive resolutions too. :)
    your post reminded me of the wonderful butterfly park we have here but which we visit only when we have guests with kids, for sightseeing :).

1 person likes this.
  6. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hey Bhargavi,
    What a lively post! I've always admired butterflies from a distance and I get nervous when they get near me, because I'm scared of their 'softness'. I have never caught a butterfly and on the one instance where my sis caught on for me and put it in my hand, I ran away, for the same reason that I mentioned above. And during school, I read that if any butterfly is caught and let go, it would be an outcast in its group as human hands have spoilt them. So sad, na? But I still see butterflies as an optimistic time of good times to come. :)
    How we wish we were children, no major issues bother us. It's all in a day's work(or rather, play) for children. There's this old Tamil film song starring Kutty Padmini "Kuzhandaiyum Dheivamum Gunathal Ondru; Kuttrangalai Marandhu Vidum Manathal Ondru" [A child and God are alike in character - they both forget and forgive easily.] Children don't hold grudges, take things easily in their stride and spread the joy around with their smiling and cheerful faces. The moment one sees children playing, one becomes a child oneself, and can feel the muscles around the mouth starting to work to create that curve called a smile.

2 people like this.
  7. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Bhargavi dear,
    It's a wonderful welcome of the new year by you with such a lively resolutions and spreading the lively spirit of yours to all of us.
    We had our wonderful start of this new year by watching the fireworks on the Sydney bridge in person. This year they themed the fireworks with rainbow and butterflies in it with a theme of 'Time to dream'. I enjoyed them a lot and welcomed this new year into my life with new hopes and aspirations towards life with lots of positive energy.
    Enjoyed each and every bit of your lovely writeup dear. You have passed all your positive energy in the shape of invisible colourful butterflies to all our ILites dear.
    Have a happy and delightful new year dear.

Latha.

2 people like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very nice Bhargavi!
    My best wishes on keeping your resolution!
    I am sure it will not be hard for you. You come through as a very positive person, seeing life as a glass half full. I am sure even if someone says their glass is half empty you will go out of your way to fill up the other half to make the person happy that his/her glass is full.

Go on Bhargavi, be like that butterfly, fly, flutter, take a break to sip some sweet honey, and be happy as you make others happy just watching you enjoy your life.

Tahnk you for making me happy reading your post.
    A Happy New Year to you and your family

(Note: "Chrysalis"?.. you a biologist?)

3 people like this.
  9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Its really a nice one from you. I could visualize what you have described. Wow... Thank you for the nice post.

1 person likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Nice one Bharagavi! Lovely description of the butterflies - my kids love chasing them and trying to catch them with a butterfly net and releasing as well......

Like Kamala says, yes keep up that wonderful resolution! Best wishes.

1 person likes this.