Flower -62. “Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha.”

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, May 2, 2013.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali

Flower -62. “Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha.”

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through"OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Flower-62: “Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha”.

Meaning: Humble salutation to Him who whose beauty is Matchless. (Shirdi SaiTrust).

Reflections:

When we look up into the star studded cloudless night sky and the moon, when we stand on the sea shore and see the vast expanse of water, when we stand on the top of a mountain and look around,when we lose our conscious self in the music of MS or Bhimsen Joshi or Chaursia’s flute or Panditji’s Sitar or the lovely giggle of a baby clapping with just two teeth, we go beyond the definitions and enjoy a divine beauty within ourselves. That feeling fills us with joy which is inexplicable and we are full in our heart. Our eyes may become wet, we become speechless and we take some time to come back to our normal self with the joys and sorrows of day to day life.

To the devotee who has identified himself with Brahmam, God, or Guru, whenever he is on meditation, trying to dissolve his self, no external stimulant of any divine beauty is needed to enjoy that bliss. The very process of his meditation fills his heart with bliss and happiness and he sheds tears of joy. He feels that the Brahmam, God, or Guru is so beautiful, beyond all definitions and matchless. Whatever be the physical appearance of Guru, he sees nothing but beauty. Everything about God or Guru is so lovely, beyond words, beyond description. While identifying with the Brahmam, God, or Guru, he finds the form so beautiful beyond expressions and wonders at the beauty which is much greater than even seeing the most beautiful sights or hearing the most gifted and divine musicians!

While writing on Baba’s personality, Hemadpant writes in Shri Sai Satcharita:

“Ignorant as I am, I cannot describe Baba’s miracles. He got almost all the temple in Shirdi repaired. Through Tatya Patil, the temple of Shani, Ganpati, Shankar. Parvathi, village Deity and Maruti were put in order. His charity was also remarkable. The money He used to collect as Dakshina, was freely distributed, Rs 20 to some, RS15 tor 50 to others, every day. The recipients thought that that was pure charity money, and Baba wished that it should be usefully employed.

People benefitted immensely by Baba’s darshan. Some became hale and hearty, wicked people were turned into goodones. Leprosy was cured in some cases,many got their desires fulfilled, without any medicine being put in their eyes, some blind men got back their sight and some lame ones got their limbs. Nobody could see the end of His extraordinary greatness. His fame spread far and wide, and pilgrims from all sides flocked to Shirdi. Baba had His ‘Asan’ near the Dhuni and always rested there. He sat there in meditation, sometimes without a bath.

He used to tie a small white turban on His head and wear a clean Dhotar round His waist, and a shirt on His body. This was His attire in the beginning. He first practised medicine in the village. He examined patients and gave medicines. He was always successful and He became famous as a Hakim(doctor). A curious case maybe narrated here. One devotee had his eyes quite red and swollen. No doctor was available in Shirdi. The other devotees took him to Baba. In such cases other doctors would use ointments, Anjans, cow’s milk and camphorated drugs etc., Baba’s remedy was quite unique. He pounded some ‘Beeba’ (some Carpus Ana Cardium, i.e., marking nuts) and made two balls of them and thrust them on in each eye of the patient and wrapped a cloth-bandage round them. Next day the bandage was removed and water was poured over them. The inflammation subsided and the pupils became white and clear. Though, the eyes are very delicate, the Beeba caused no hurt but removed the disease of the eyes. Many such cases were cured, this is only one instance in this regard”. (Shri Sai Satcharita- Ch: 7).

We have images of Baba only in His later years of physical life. When we meditate on Him He fills our hearts with matchless and beautiful bliss and feelings. We lose our expressions on beauty.He is Suroopa Sundaraya.

2. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Suryakala sister,

Reading your post today brought a lump in my throat and tears filled my eyes. It made me believe BABA the doctor will heal.
    Yesterday one more PG exam result was announced and again our son was disappointed. All of us were very depressed, angry ... Oh, I cant describe the multitude of emotions I was feeling. I thought," Even if he did not get a good rank, just qualifying would have encouraged him."
    Woke up earlier than usual this morning. During my meditation and during my recitation of Sai Ashtotra I could feel some very strong vibes and was overcome with emotion. Went about my work, finished my prayers, offered neivediyam of fruit for BABA and milk with sugar for Hanuman and came to work.
    Logged in to read Bhagi's "Words of Sathguru Saibaba" and your "Flowers of Fragrance" Imagine my feelings when I realised the chapter you have quoted for today! BABA, The doctor! HE will surely heal us. I have that faith and confidence now.

Thank you!

Om Sairam,
    Usha

3. rekhachennai

rekhachennai Senior IL'ite

Om Shri Sai Suroopa sundaraya Namaha..
    Baba, bless us always

4. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

"Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha"

Om SaiRam...

5. suryakala

Dear Usha Sister,

Thank you for joining me in offering the Flower-62- Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha to Baba this week also.

I am with you in sharing your feelings on the PG Exam result.

On such challenging moments in life, I have always one thing to say myself- ," Baba has done this for some good reason which He will make me realise and understand later".

And in retrospect I have always found Baba had indeed taken great care of me.

This is true to every true devotee of Baba like you.

Please spread confidence and cheer in the family. For that I am sure," Your Doctor" will bless you and guide you and every member in your family.

May Baba bless you and every member of your family in abundance.

Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha.

6. suryakala

Dear Rekhachennai,

Thank you for joining me in offering the Flower-62- Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha to Baba this week also.

May Baba bless you and fulfill all your wishes soon.

7. suryakala

Dear Shruthisp,

May Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

8. suryakala

Dear Sisters Bhargavi and Usha,

Thank you for visiting this blog and liking it.

May Baba bless you and your families in abundance.

9. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Sister,
    Very much Happy to read the Ashtotra of Sai. Trusting on him that he cured my problem and blessed me with a kid soon. Today I started my day by praying him with lots n lots of trust. Our days are now becoming so hard. I can't console my DH every time when I get my AF. Its paining for both of us. Am on treatment but the doctor is saying that its all in the hands of God, we have seen so many cases like you and they were successful within few days or months. He is the one who place his hands on both of you because everything is fine now. My eyes filled up with tears when I writing sister. Please pray for me that this month should be favourable for us. Thank you for sharing Ashtotra with us and your service is incredible :bowdown
    Om Shri Sai Suroopa Sundaraya Namaha

10. suryakala

Dear Bhuvisrini Sister,

You are very much in my prayers and I will continue to pray Baba for you and your DH to be blessed with a child.

I am very sorry to note you are under stress and anxiety. Surrender yourself and your worries to Baba. Leaving everything in His hands will give you great relaxation which doctors say increases the probability of conception.

Do pray Baba with a sincere heart seeking His blessings. Enjoy the bliss of praying Him without any anxiety or tension.

I am quite confident that our prayers will surely be heard and answered by Him and you will be a Mother soon.