Flower -34. “Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, Oct 18, 2012.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali

Flower -34. “Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha.”

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through "OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Flower-34:” Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha.”

Meaning:

My humble salutation to the embodiment of ultimate Bliss.(Shirdi Sai Trust).

Reflections:

With heart full of infinite love and joy, eyes filled with tears, the 'Naam Smaran' with total devotion can lead one to the state of Bliss.

Tolkappium, a 5000 year old grammar and rule book of Tamil language and culture says that bliss of true love is to be experienced for understanding and cannot be explained. Sages say,in the state of bliss, love, happiness and tears come in abundance, for no reason. And since that bliss is without any reason experienced by the Self within us, it can come back at any time the Sadhak wants not influenced by external factors. Guru, who is always in this state,( as he is beyond being affected by the ebb and flow of worldly emotions) can continue to be in that extreme state of happiness as long as he chooses to be. This bliss is the “Anand”when we stop our “ chit” to find and become one with “Sat”. This happiness, Anand, comes from within and not from without. So it is everlasting.

Baba said:” I resorted to My Guru for 12 years. He brought Me up. There was no dearth of food and clothing. He was full of love or say, he was love incarnate. How can I describe it? He loved Me most. Rare is a Guru like him. When I looked at him, he seemed as if he was in deep meditation and then, we both were filled with bliss. Night and day, I gazed at him, with no thought of hunger and thirst. Without him, I felt restless. I had no other subject to meditate upon, nor any other thing than My Guru to attend. He was My sole refuge. My mind was always fixed on him.This Nishtha (firm faith) is one paisa of Dakshina. Saburi (Patience or perseverance) is the other paisa. I waited patiently and served My Guru. This Saburi will ferry you across the sea of this mundane existence. Saburi removes all sins and afflictions, gets rid of calamities in various ways, and casts aside all fear, and ultimately, gives you success. Saburi is the mine of virtues, consort of good thought”. Nishtha (faith) and Saburi (patience) are like twins sisters, loving each other very intimately.

“May Guru never expected any other thing from Me. He never neglected Me, but protected Me at all times. I lived with him and was sometimes away from him still I never felt the absence of his love. He always protected Me by his glance, just as the tortoise feeds her young ones, whether they are near her or away from her on the other side of the bank, by her loving glance. Oh mother, My Guru never taught Me any Mantra then, how shall I blow any Mantra in your ears? Just remember that Guru’s tortoise- like loving glance gives us happiness. Do not try to get Mantra or Upadesh from anybody, Make Me the sole object of your thoughts and actions and you will, no doubt, attain Parmartha ( the spiritual goal of life). Look at Me whole- heartedly and I, in turn, look at you. Sitting in this Masjid, I speak the truth, nothing but the truth. No Sadhana or proficiency in the six Shastras is necessary. Have faith and confidence in your Guru. Believe that, Guru is the sole Actor or Doer. Blesses is he, who knows the greatness of his Guru and thinks him to be Hari, and Brahma (Trimurti) Incarnate”. (Shri SaiSatcharita-Ch: 18 &19).

He reached a stage of eternal bliss internally, He is truly Nithyanandaya.

2. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Hi Suryakala mam,

I have no words to comment on your beautiful reflection of this ashtotra, juz have few drops of tears on realisation of the meaning explained to my limited knowlege and mind..
    Praying Baba to nurture my nishta and saburi on him...
    Would be happy to get blessings from elders like you...

"Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha"

Om Sai Ram!!!

3. suryakala

Dear Shruthisp,

Thanks for joining me in offering Flower-34- Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha to Baba this week also.

I am so happy to see that you are well on the way of realization of the Self. I pray to our Guru to lead you through to material and spiritual contentment with Shradha and Saburi.

May Baba bless you and your family.

Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha.

4. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Suryakala Sister,
    Thanks for offering the Flower 34 - Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha to our almighty at his louts feet

Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha

5. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this asthotram. Wonderful reflections. He answers every doubts I have while reading Sai Satcharitram. May Baba increase my faith and patience towards him. Om Sai Ram.

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Om Sri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha:

Dear SK akka,
    Glad to join you in offering the fragrant 34th flower at the sacred feet of our Baba.
    Visiting your blog every thursday feels like visiting a satsang.Thank you.

Om Sri Sai Nityanandaya Namaha:

8. suryakala

Dear Bhuvisrini Sister,

Thanks for joining me in offering the Flower-34-Om Shri Sai Nithyanandaya Namaha to Baba, this week also.

May Sai Baba bless you and your family.

Om Sai Ram.

9. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai suryakala,

Sai satcharitra had this story and well explained by you. really HE WHO CAN GIVE
    IMMEDIATE ANSWER TO OUR SORROWS. As i am a very staunch devotee of SAI BABA close my eyes feel his presence in front me as mentioned by Hemantpant in SAISATCHATRITRA by chanting SAI SAI SAI SAI my inner sense fully feel the
    supreme bliss of HIM with WHOM I AM SAFE ALWAYS. keep up your good job my dear IL

10. suryakala