Flower-106 – “Om Shri Sai Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya Namaha.”

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, Mar 6, 2014.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through "OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Meaning: “Humble salutation to Him who fulfils all legitimate wishes of His devotees” (Shirdi Sai Trust).

Reflections:

Wants are endless and the fulfilment of a want generates one or more other wants. This is the view of not only philosophers but also eminent economists. The child in the womb needs nutrition and care from the mother. The wants and needs that started from the mother’s womb continue in one or many forms throughout our lives as long as we live. For some of those who relinquish by heart, the want is Liberation from wants after death. For those who are not so lucky, the will they leave behind indicates their wants after death like even the disposal of the remains.
    Wants and wishes are natural to the Self which has come from its original Universal Self to experience the manifestation by the Brahmam, God or Guru. Controlled desire is thus a nature in ourselves and need not be discouraged as this is the motivation for life. While some schools of thought perceived “desire” as a totally renounceable one from the beginning, our great Rishis and Sages perceived “desire” is to be renounced only in the fourth and final stage of life which is Sanyasam after leading a dharmic life in the earlier three stages of Brahmacharyam, Grahastham and Vanaprastham. Desires, such as the desire of knowledge in Brahmacharyam, desire of children Grahastham, desire for spiritual development and Mukthi during Vanaprastham were considered as essential and desirable and not as “sin” by our Sages.

That is the reason for God or Guru granting the “boons” to a devotee and fulfilling the thirst for experiences of the manifestation by his Self before returning to the Universal Self in the through Mukthi or Liberation. The fulfilment completes the purpose of entering the cycle of births and deaths. But these experiences always have up and down sides reminding the self of its origin and encouraging it to find and seek and merge into the Brahmam, God or Guru where it belongs. The devotee who seeks to fulfil his desires with the awareness of Brahmam, God or Guru goes through the controlled desires in the first three stages, gets fulfilment blessed by Brahmam God or Guru and renounces all in the fourth stage to go back through realisation of Self as Brahmam, God or Guru.

When Hemadpant (The dedicated devotee-author of Shri Sai Satcharita) asked Baba’s permission to write the Satcharita Baba said:
    “If My Leelas are written the Avidya (nascence) will vanish and if they attentively and devoutly listened to, the consciousness of the worldly existence will abate and strong waves of devotion and love will rise up and if one dives deep in to My Leelas, he would get precious jewels of knowledge”.

He further said, “If a man utters My name with love, I shall fulfil all his wishes, increase his devotion. And if he sings earnestly My life and My deeds, him I shall be set in front and back and on all sides. Those devotees, who are attached to Me, heart and soul, will naturally feel happiness, when they hear these stories. Believe Me that, if anybody sings My Leelas, I will give him infinite joy and everlasting contentment. It is My special characteristic to free any person, who surrenders completely to Me, and who worships Me faithfully, and who remembers Me and meditates on Me constantly. How can they be conscious of worldly objects and sensations, who utter My name, who worship Me, who think of My stories and My life, and who thus, always remember Me! I shall draw out My devotees from the jaws of death. If My stories are listened to, all diseases will be got rid of. So, hear My stories with respect, and think and meditate on them, assimilate them. This is the way of happiness and contentment. The pride and egoism of My devotees will vanish, the mind of the hearers will be set at rest; and if he has whole hearted and complete faith, he will be one with Supreme Consciousness. The simple remembrance of My name as “Sai, Sai” will do away with sins of speech and hearing” (Shri Sai Satcharita-Ch: 3).

Sai Temples all over the world are the beautiful tributes and show of gratitude by the millions of devotees whose prayers have been answered and fulfilled by Him. He brings back to life even a dried tulsi plant when the devotee prays to Him intensely with total devotion. He is Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya.

2. rekhachennai

rekhachennai Senior IL'ite

Om Shri Sai Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya Namaha

Baba, bless us always...

3. suryakala

Dear Rekhachennai,

Thanks for joining me in offering the Flower-106- Om Shri Sai Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya Namaha to Baba this week also.

May Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

Om Shri Sai Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya Namaha .

4. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Sister,
    Thanks a lot for sharing Flower 106 with all Sai devotees. I have received Udi from Shiradi on Monday from my Aunty who's Son(brother) went to Shiradi for Dharsan. I have requested him to get me Udi. Along with Udi he bought me a cute Sai Statue. I kept it in our pooja room today and decorated with jasmine flower. I felt so happy today. While I pray I remembered your today's Ashototram section and said myself I have to read it soon I reached office. I felt happy on reading. Thanks a Lot

5. suryakala

Dear Bhuvisrini Sister,

Thanks for joining me in offering the Flower-106- Om Shri Sai Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya Namaha to Baba this week also.

Sorry for the delay in this response. What a nice blessings you received from Shirdi. Baba coming to your home with Udi from Shirdi! Hope you meditate for a few minutes on Baba every day now.

Glad you enjoyed offering the Flower 106 to Baba.

May Baba bless you and your DH with a lovely child soon.

Om Shri Sai Sarvaa Bheeshta Pradhaya Namaha .