Flora2000 Contest for October '09

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Laxmi, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

During Christmas season in school, we used to play the Chrisma - Chrischild game.
    I was in class 6 and our class played the game too. The game is like, all the students name is written in chits and each picks one name who will be the Chrischild. The one who picks will be the Chrisma and she is supposed to keep her Chrishchild's name a secret and the Chrisma has to secretly give gifts to her Chrischild and only on the last day of the game, the name is revealed. The game starts 5 days before Christmas and on the 5'th day - Christmas Day a 'best gift' is given to the Chrischild. We all students love this game because it brings gifts and that too surprise gifts!
    I was not pampered with exorbitant pocket money from my parents and mine was enough to get my Chrischild a choclate or a card and the final gift all I could think of was a nail polish or a pair of earings . One of my friend received a bouquet on the 2'nd day of the game from her Chrisma. A bouquet of 12 red roses!!! It was awesome. It somehow pinched a small jealousy in me.. Y dint I get such a lovely gift!!? I was so down that day, that I could hardly eat or sleep. My little mind was somehow crushed. I
    infact prayed to God that day " God..Please let my Chrisma give me a bouquet tommorrow. I will never ask for anything else.Promise".
    I couldnt concentrate on the gift for my Chrischild as I was wondering what will my Chrisma give. Will God listen to my prayer and make her gift me a bouquet? These thoughts occupied my mind!
    On the 4'th day evening I went home and cried. My mom came over and I poured out my heart. The advise she gave me that day, I still carry it with me . She said "Try to look at the people who don't even have the basic needs of life. Then you will realise that God has given you a bed of roses.With this wonderful gift from God, try to bring cheer to the people around you. Realize the happiness you get in the 'Joy of Giving’.
    The 5'th day, the surprise was to be revealed. We all went to our respective Chrischild and gave our gifts. I went to mine and handed her a bouquet and I could see the joy in her face and that filled my heart with happiness. That was the first bouquet I ever gifted anyone and that was the first bouquet that my friend received. Till date she is there with me as my best friend. That was the best Christmas that I ever celebrated in School. I was gifted with a wonderful friend. What more could I ask for!And I realised the Joy Of Giving!!!!

2. dhannu

dhannu New IL'ite

Flowers!! One of the most beautiful creations of God Almighty, remained my passion throughout the life. Is there anyone who does not like or love the charm, fragrance and innocence of flowers? Well I don’t think there can be. Expecting such a wonderful gift on the most memorable occasions is not a crime. Agreed? But if you won’t get that expected one, what will be your reaction? You will break heart, won’t you? Such an incident happened to me too. It was in 2003. My birthday was on August 14. It was my first birthday after our marriage. That was why I was eagerly waiting for my hubby to gift me a gorgeous bouquet of red roses, as he knows my taste. But nothing happened in special as he went to office and I went to school in the morning. ( I was teaching in a private school at that time). I was so upset that I couldn’t concentrate on my classes. So I took a half day leave and came back home. “Why didn’t he remember my birthday”? That was the question in my mind. I went out to tears. Suddenly I heard a soft music. I didn’t realize from where it was coming. I searched here and there and found it was from the drawer. I opened it and to my big surprise, there was a new mobile, singing and dancing (ringing and vibrating). I pressed the green button. “Happy birthday dear. ” That was him, my sweet heart, my loving hubby. What to say more??? My cheeks got wet with tears again, but this time, ‘ khushi ki aansu.’ Aaahh …..what about the rose bouquet?? Of course it was there, ‘on the mobile’s wallpaper’ !!!!!!!. I still use that mobile with the red roses. My hus never forgot to gift me anything special on my birthdays. Last time it was really a bouquet of roses which I was expecting from the last six years…...............

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Flowers is all if he had got that day he had been my DH!!!!

This expectation was from a person I was deeply in love with and had my world around him. We'd met in a train.. he was returning from annual B-school gettog and I was returning to my colleage.

He'd hit on my friend and she forced me to break the ice for them... not to know that i'll loose my world to him.. the frnd got married in a month of starting with this fellow... leaving us to call each other for a year getting cosier untill we really decided to meet up again.

My frnds told me he'll come with a big bunch of flowers.. if red this.. if yellow that.
    My heart pounced at each step I was going to meet him.... then i saw him.. then I searched for flowers....... and they were not there.... I felt a loud THUD deep inside... to be confirmed by end of day of our meeting that it was over.

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Laxmi,
    Please clarify,the contest has ended on 27th oct right?

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

This story is set in a vibrant professional college; with three characters ME, HER and HIM, our senior, a communist student leader.
    First day of the college: I was playing chemerical tennis, and SHE was pouring imaginary tea to imaginary cups. It was ragging honeymoon. HE came with a group of students and gave a stunning speech on anti-ragging. She instantly fell in love with him. We became friends, though I and HE held opposite political beliefs. My love stricken friend read the communist manifesto to impress him. Since, love was not declared, I had to chaperone sipping lime juice, and hear them discuss the utopian dreams; where all the “bourgeois” will be swept out and an “egalitarian society” is formed. Their meeting often ended in fights, between HIM and ME. How long can one keep quite while your political ideologies are desecrated?
    She was getting love sick and he never showed any signs of it. Every day she went to college expecting a flower from him. At one point in time, her wardrobe just consisted one colour : RED. SHE helped him to win his election. When he won, HE gave HER a red paper flower garland saying “for the woman behind my success”. We took this as subtle declaration of his love and waited for a formal love note with flower. It was our senior's farewell party. We were certain that this last day He will declare his love. HE called me, had a bouquet of roses and asked me if I could marry him. I was shocked and started crying, and went straight to home without telling anyone. I felt I cheated my friend and was sure that she won’t ever talk to me again. Next day morn, my doorbell ringed, and She was outside the house with shriveled bouquet. She asked “how long do you plan to hide? Between did you reject him because of me”? No. “Oh I knew, he is not your type. Do you want to keep the roses as souvenir” No. “Ok, then I will keep these flowers as a memory of my unrequited love; after all I waited these for the last three years. I never liked his beard though. You know….” and so continues our incessant chattering.
    Roses in this story declare romance, but its fragrance exuded a lifetime friendship through thick and thin.
    -Nitha

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ilites and Supriya Dinesh,
    Yes the contest is closed on October 27th .
    Please stay tuned for the winner announcement in the first week of the next month - November.
    Thanks.

7. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

Much awaited result for the Flora2000 contest....

Who is the lucky winner to get $100 gift certificate for online flower bouquets from Flora.....

Who is the second lucky winner to get $50 gift certificate for flowers from Flora....

All this in just for you....

Winner is Hemadhawan

her winning entry is:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/t...00-contest-for-october-09-a-5.html#post915975

Varun's words as quoted by her:
    I saw a tear in your eye today and know the reason also. Forgive me for breaking your heart. I could not give you a rose today, but I will give you my commitment for being with you forever and promise to make your life as beautiful as a rose."

had her clinch the contest.Hemadhawan has expressed well her disappointment of not getting the flowers and her entry is very captivating to read taking us all to the dawn of October 22nd 1999.

Hemadhawan, congrats for winning the Flora Contest and do send your mailing address to support@indusladies.com and we could send you the gift coupon for you to purchase flowers worth $100 online from Flora2000

Second Winner is Nitha J
    her winning entry is:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/t...00-contest-for-october-09-a-6.html#post919419

Nitha J truly captured the spirit of triangular love in her entry and she won the contest for her words:
    Roses in this story declare romance, but its fragrance exuded a lifetime friendship through thick and thin.
    for giving a different dimension to flowers. When other focused on love and romance she highlighted the friendship she got from her senior.

Congrats Nitha
    and do send your mailing address to support@indusladies.com and we could send you the gift coupon for you to purchase flowers worth $50 online from Flora2000

Ladies join hands in congratulating the winners.

8. anoshka

anoshka New IL'ite

CONGRATS Hema & Nitha...:thumbsupcheers to both!!!!!!!!!!!
    keep up the gud work & continue posting...

9. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Congrats to Hema and Nitha.. Wonderful stories by all of you entrants.
    Aparna

10. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Congrats Hema and Nitha.As Laxmi has pointed out,i loved those lines in Hema's post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.