Flora2000 Contest for October '09

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Laxmi, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoshka

anoshka New IL'ite

''Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.''People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us....isnt this true folks..!
    Flowers are something which i always loved ..I just love the aroma,the colours which can bring in the vibrance ,& generally the feel of having fresh flowers around the house is so very refreshing....gets you renewed...!atleast with me..yes i do get a great feeling ..!hmm they intoxicate me..!!!!

well my story goes like this..its bin 9 years of blissful marriage..everyear i expect of getting fresh flowers from him..but all my hope goes down the drain..cuz never in these years have I ever received any kind of flowers forget a small rose which i wld have cherished...
    My man is very simple & may be doesnt believe in buying things or may be give surprises which later on might not be liked by me..so he instead takes me & buys things which I like & appreciate..I consider his thought & respect him for this..
    but i still am waiting for those flowers which he would bring in as a surprise...
    and guess wht people..it happened last nite..when he got back from work..he brought one beautiful rose which smelt good & looked fresh...I mean I actually got very emotional about the whole episode & believe me this one rose would remain freshon my mind for years to come...I just loved the surprise & my best half was happy seeing me like this..!while I'm writing all this I see the flower smiling at me & i too looking back at it with lots of love..thanx to my hubby for thinking about me & getting something which is so very special to me...
    This Rose,my morning glory on the table,satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books..Its special!
    Can we conceive what humanity would be if it did not know the flowers? says~Maurice Maeterlinc

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

We first met on 4th of Feb 2007.:)It was formally arranged meet with both of our families and everything ends fine :cheers.Mobile numbers were exchanged.Started talking from the next night as we were separated by 2500 kms.
    Valentines day is on the way.:party I sent him 3 cute valentine cards.Got address from his dad.My colleagues were my roomates and our entire team is updated with my day to day activities.
    Finally the D-Day came.
    I got a msg " do u like flowers".:wowMy friend read it and sent yes.
    we were all waiting for the flowers since morning.One of my roomie was also engaged and his fiance has sent her a rose bouquet from U.S.. I (We, My friends too) waited in the office till 8.00 for the flowers which we were not sure enough whether he has sent or not.
    Its a hard feeling,especially for girls who adore gifts, if they not receive something special from someone special.:bang:cry:
    We dint talk anything about the flowers that night.My friend came to my room and took the mobile from me and put it in speaker and asked him " Why dint u send any flower? " I was releived.I couldnt ask him directly as it was just 10 days. He told "I have been waiting for ----(myself) to ask. I have send it thro online.But now it seems i have been cheated.Do not mistake me. I do have bill with me". I was very happy.:p
    Now we are happily married with a kid and i do mostly get on line gifts from him.:clap

3. Hemadhawan

Hemadhawan Senior IL'ite

22 October 1999- [justify] It was 6 in the morning when the phone bell rang. I knew it was Varun, my best friend. Our friendship was just an year old but there was something that made him special. I was 16 then and even in that age of infatuation, I was sure about my feelings. However, my expression was waiting for him and my heart said that today was that special day as we were supposed to meet at a school farewell party on the same evening.

"So what do you want today as a gift from me?" He asked me on the phone. His question was like God asking to wish something. "A rose" I could only say; expecting a message of love through a red color rose.

Time passed quite fast thinking about the evening and finally I was in between of loud music, boys and girls on dance floor, vibrant laughter and aroma of delicious food. In that crowded venue, my eyes were searching for him and my red rose. While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard somebody calling my name from behind and as i turned around, I saw him waving at me. He approached me with a smile on his face but my smile faded, as I did not see any rose in his hand; let alone the red one.
    My heart sank, but he had no expression of any regret. I cursed myself for my over expectations and attended the party with a heavy heart.

Since it was late evening, Varun offered me a drop and I could not say no. While we were on the way, he stopped the car and said " I saw a tear in your eye today and know the reason also. Forgive me for breaking your heart. I could not give you a rose today, but I will give you my commitment for being with you forever and promise to make your life as beautiful as a rose."

His words soothed my heart and to be true I thanked my stars for not getting a rose. He kept his words and till date is keeping his commitment. We are married for 4 years and have a cute, little daughter of 2 months. I just pray to God to keep us together forever and make my life rosy with my till date best friend, Varun.
    [/justify]

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Flowers & Frangrance have always been part of myself. I had very long hair and my grand mom instilled in me the fragrance of flowers by arranging Thazhampoo and plaiting my hair ending with a kunjalam (paranthia). It looks fab and fine. Since then my enchantment towards flowers never looked back.............. ya.

In our house garden we had all kinds of flowers (seeded & grown by us) including jasmines, sunflowers, kanakambaram, December, pooja flowers etc. etc. My hair will adorn a flower (mostly matching color sunflower) everyday............

Now away from India, living in a metro city like Dubai, still my love for flowers did not fade........ but for decoration only. I stopped adorning in my hair as I cut the hair short and my DD just cant stand the sight. I decorate home with flowers, God and Attic with flowers and Rangoli with flowers.

But until today, I have never been gifted a bouquet of roses or flowers by my DH on any occasion. I have given him musical red rose for VD, and always expect him to give me flowers to say it with love, but no never.......... after 22 years of married life............

But to my great joy, I got a very surprise bouquet of frangrant flowers gifted by my dear friend of 6 years from Iran, whom I had never met in person, but only thru phone and email, met for the first time on my bday. That Bouquet of flowers / friendship still gives me fresh fragrance.

A friend indeed is a friend in need........... who only can understand the mind of another friend.

[​IMG]
    Rgds
    Shanti

5. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

She wanted flowers for her funeral......
    She was my father's cousin and her name was Kunjamma. We children called her Kunjathai. She lost her husband when she was hardly 17 years old and she didn't have children. She had her own brothers with whom she lived 2,3 months in a year but spent most of the time in our house and we all loved her stay with us. She never ate food cooked by others and cooked her own food. I was a very fussy eater when I was a kid and I still remember the days when she used to wait for me to come back from school during lunch break with my favourite items cooked with her hands. Like many widows of olden days her head was clean shaven and she always wore spotless white sarees. Though it was a taboo she wore a white blouse which she used to cover with her saree. During Summer days because it always was very hot my mother bought Cuticura powder for her which she applied on her body secretly in the nights before going to bed. Widows were not allowed to use even simple body talc those days!!
    South Indians always used lot of flowers for pooja and you can't see girls and women without flowers adorning their hair. 'Thanjavoor Kadambam' was very famous in those days and was very dear.Mom all the time bought basketsful of Kadambam and other flowers for Pooja and for us. Everyday Kunjathai used to wait for my father to come out of his bedroom in the mornings to exchange few words with him. That's the time she poured out all her 'personal things' like health problems, money problems though she never had any and loads of complaints about servants' misbehavier! Once I overheard her telling my father that she couldn't sleep throughout the night because of her 'bed pleasure'! My father laughed and told her 'Kunjamma! How can you have bed pleasure? Don't worry...I will call the doctor to check your BP today.'
    But I can never forget the day when I heard her talking to my faher saying ' You people have taken care of me so well and now I have only one more request left. When I am gone please place plenty of Thajavoor Kadambam, Mallipoo,Jadhipoo, Monoranjitham,Mullaipoo around my body before you cremate me'. Then, only then I understood how much she must have missed the things she was not allowed because of her widowhood. But it was very unfortunate that even her last wish was not fulfilled because she died when she was staying in a village in her brother's house....

6. veenavivek

veenavivek New IL'ite

Just like every single femine soul ,i too have a strong addiction towards flowers especially red roses.After a blissful wedding ,we settled at London, a paradise full of roses.
    At the eve of new year,my hubby brought me a huge bunch of red roses .His first flowers for me. I still remember the heady scent of roses reaching me even before my eyes saw them and the way I blushed making my hubby a happy man.Right there i guess, he learnt a valuable lesson "flowers are the magic to lift my spirit any day any time"The whole year for varied occasion i recieved red roses from him, some are for real celebrations, some are for silly occasions.but they always made my day.

But later after we came back to India, he never gave me flowers.
    Never ,not even for my Bday. Out of blue one day my shy hubby told me people here stare at persons who carry bunch of red roses.From that day, i have got chocolates,jewels, sarees from him but never once my red roses.Later we went to Tokyo for a short stay for his project work. There came my birthday.I was eagerly waiting for his gift. On the day of occasion, he didn't give me anything. I was really disappointed .But after dinner i noticed a small pink parcel .It had a branded perfume which smelled exactly like roses and would have cost him a lot .I loved the perfume , the surprise element,his thoughtful gesture as he knew i love perfumes.But still at heart , my mind was looking for a single red rose.

VeenaVivek.

7. gunjanbansal

gunjanbansal New IL'ite

GUNJANBANSALthis is an old and some what stupid incident
    as we grow up we start falling into that lovething all the filmy way
    same happende with me
    though i was not a popular one in school as i went to college i managed to make many friends and some boys,isuppose, had a liking too
    so on the first valentines in my mass communication institue i went all excited in pink tee, being very sure ki i will be given flowers by someone atleast
    as i entered the class i first looked for the guys i was expecting . They werent there then after the class i went to the corriedors, they i met one of them but he didnt even wish me valentines and thenslowly and slowly i met every one but as usual NO FLOWERS.i felt bad but not at all disheartend coz i thought i will get some by the end of the day
    but no ,
    i didint
    an i am waiting for a bunch of flowers till date
    as i havent got one ever

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  8. vidyarao

vidyarao Junior IL'ite

Still I couldn’t believe I was engaged the previous day and now going to airport to farewell my fiancée on Valentine’s Day.
    Yes we got engaged on 13th the Friday. What a disaster !! ha
    Cool breeze from the window, no traffic.. Listening to some nice romantic songs with my hand in his… Hmmm what more can I ask for…
    Immediately my mind came up with all images of him handing over a big bouquet of red roses and a small white teddy bear, with a small love note in that; as all girls’ desire.
    I felt him holding my hand tight and the increase in warmness, or was it just my imagination? I stopped myself from expressing any emotions on my face but my cheeks didn’t help me…
    After reaching airport my expectations increased, as I saw him talking to his friend who came in the other car. I was waiting and couldn’t believe when he moved towards the departure after the talks. I couldn’t digest his cold behaviour.
    Here I am standing with my fiancée who can’t even wish me, forget about flowers or card.
    I could see all my dreams shattering in front of me. How can I reject all other proposals for this person?? Ignored my crushes?? Did I deserve this?? I never expected this. For a moment I thought of going back and erasing everything.
    Then he turned towards me and gave me a tight hug and kissed me on my forehead and slowly whispered in my ears “HAPPY VALENTEINS DAY…MY SWEET VALENTINE”…
    Well I had heard world stops when you see or experience something which u always wanted to, and it was the first time I experienced it. Till then many people had hugged me but his hug was far different from others, I cannot compare his kiss to anything. It gave answers to all my questions, i could sense all his love, how he feels for me, his loneliness when he goes there and everything.
    Then I realised for the first time that there are many more ways to express love…it’s not just roses or chocolates. All that is required is an open heart. Never underestimate the happiness u get from very small things like a hug or a kiss….

cheers
    Vidya

9. anoshka

anoshka New IL'ite

Yo Vidya...
    Tht was really so very nice..Like u said..small things in life do make a lot of difference..it does leave a mark for times to come & remains fresh on our mind...
    So tell me,wher are you based?can we be friends...looking for some new & exotic pals..lets catch up & move on..
    Cheers,
    Anoshka..:hiya

10. anoshka

anoshka New IL'ite

Shanti...
    enjoyed reading your bouqet..funny i suppose so..
    One more thing...A friend in need ...how can he/she be a friend indeed?...!just joking...!U knw what I heard some time back..''A frnd in need is never a frnd''...so just kidding here too.!glad u have good ppl around you..it makes a difference..did you read my article ,not very appealing though but still I have put it here..let me know if u ,atleast.., enjoyed reading my story of flowers.:)
    i too am pesonally fond of flowers..but not to put it on my hair..!but just for the expression..flowers are the best!
    Cheerio,
    Anoshka..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.