1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

flirting married woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chubu, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chubu

chubu New IL'ite

Hi all,

A friend of mine really needs a lot of male attention. when we have a potluck with other 4-5 families, she always like to sit in a seat where everybody can see her(esp men),she sits there touch her hair continously ,raise her hand,stares at other men, sits very close to other men. she likes to chat with my husband and other friends when they come online..Once i saw her staring at my husband and my H also told me the same. she always wants to praise her infront of other men she will not take it if we praise her personally.She used to ask all her friends(including me) about our sex life... i am really irritated seeing all these ...

Her husband is such a nice guy so we are calling them for a get together or a potluck just because of him ...but we ladies dont like her behavior what should we do to avoid her ......

1 person likes this.

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Wow...Have seen and heard about flirting husbands. This is the first time I'm hearing about a wife and this does not sound very good. Does her husband know what she is doing? If she is doing it so openly, he must have noticed.

I'll say ignore her. I am sure the guys too must be aware of this and let your respective husbands know that they should also probably not treat her any different. That is all you could do Chubu.

Not inviting them would be a better idea if you wanted to avoid a person like her. But since you have, just make sure everyone knows not to encourage her behaviour.

3. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

Hi Chubu,
    You said she´s a friend of yours.
    Didn´t You speak with herself and tells her that You don´t like her behavior and that she have to change it, ´cause it will influence Your friendship?
    I mean, a married friend who´s flirting is one thing (and it ain´t nice!) but an other thing is that she´s flirting with YOUR DH.
    Definitively a no-go!
    Please get it right. I don´t support her behavior and I´m wondering too if her hubby doesn´t notice this?

But just ignore her... I guess it´s important to draw her a line.

Just my 2 cent :).

4. chubu

chubu New IL'ite

her husband is such a nice guy and very straight forward ,..i dont think he know that she is doing all these to impress other men .. poor guy...
    She was my best friend before .. she told me that some of her male friends mis behaved with her,.. but she herself is such a ####... we are all scared whether she will tell about our DH the same???

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Why did her male friends misbehave with her? And what does it have to do with what she is doing now?
    If its cos of her flirting, you might as well let her know that...That is if she hasn't figured it out for herself yet.
    Otherwise too, if you trust your husband, I'd say ignore her.

1 person likes this.
  6. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

chubu these kind of female wants to be centre of attraction and only actions to impress men and women .... just ignore her and tell other friends not to notice and also their respective husbands abt her bitching ... so they will get the picture if they misbehave she will make it public with others so they will also stay away soon she will get the radar message from everyone

7. chubu

chubu New IL'ite

very true...
    thanks!!

8. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

hi Chubu

I think you should talk to your friend and ask her to behave like a married woman. She is your friend so as a friend its your duty to confront her. Even if she does not listen, then atleast you will have the satisfaction that you tried.

You are being a good friend, inviting her to pot lucks and to your family get togethers, thats sweet of you but you need to tell her honestly. If possible tell her husband about the way she behaves so that he can also talk to her.

1 person likes this.
  9. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

She perhaps has low self-esteem. Draw attention to her good points and praise her for them openly. And ignore her flirtatious nature. Just work this out with your other friends. She will most certainly change soon enough.

Nandita

10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Your friend seems to be a frustrated woman out for attention of the opposite sex. If possible cut off all contact with her as she is a potential danger.
    Even married men like attention from other females , she can try to impress or hook up with some other man.
    Tell her to join a gym, she will spend her extra energy , meet some other people and stop staring at your husband!
    Her DH must be knowing about her nature but is keeping quiet in public. Maybe they talk/fight about it at home.
    Hope she is not into wearing provocative clothes, another red flag.
    Drop her like a hot potato.Its not your responsibility to reform her.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.