1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Flashback

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 9, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Old is always gold. Old friends, Old books, Old threads, Old Photos. When we are alone and feel bored if we go through the old photos, old greeting cards etc. seeing them we think of those moments when the photo was taken, when the card was given. In our times we had black and white photo. I have still preserved the black and while photo which was taken when I was 18 years old in which my second brother, younger brother,. my sister, my parents, my mother's mother and my uncle and aunty are there. Seeing that photo I cant believe I had long hair and that time two plaits were very famous. I had also put two plaits. Those days during marriage only few photos were taken not like now every minute photo is taken and if it is not taken properly then they say to do it again and take photo. More than the rituals the phtos are given more importance. Even the priest gives time to take the photo.

The age difference between me and my sister is only 3 years , so we were very close to each other. She is very different from me, me fun loving, she very responsbile, like to dress up nicely. Before marriage she used to give the new sarees to me to wear then only she used to wear. After marriage she went to Delhi . We used to exchange letters every week . Long letters we used to write. Even if we used to write letters in inland we never used to leave any space.

Greeting cards , I still preserve the Birthday, Anniversary, Get well cards given by my friends. Seeing those cards the memories of the time spent with the friends give a flash back. When I see the get well cards it brings me those sad days when I was in bed for two months and how all the friends in office came to see me. God gave me the courage to face the situation. Those days no mobile. So could not talk to friends and pass my time. The cot was my whole world. Used to wait for friends and relatives to come and see me. Evenings used to keep the door open and see the people going and coming as my bed was put in front of the door. Used to read spiritual books and write Sri Rama Jayam. How nicely my husband took care of me doing everything for me. I am blessed to have him.

Now in IL if you through the old threads we can see the difference in what we wrote that time and we are writing now. I just read some fbs which I had given that time and now I feel I can write better fbs than that time. It is nice to go through the old threads and revive them.

3 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma, In flash back mode........ It always feels so good and we lost the count of time when going through the memories.

Even I preserved the greeting my friends & sister sent for birthdays, and at other occassions and the slam books.. :).. going through them always makes me feel good

And even at our home we have old black & white photographs of my parents, grandparents.. Its sheer pleasure looking those photos and listening to stories of those times.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Pallavi dear for making me happy with your first and only fb and glad to know that you also preserve the old greeting cards, black and white photos

4. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijjima,
    Yes old is gold!I love to see the black annd white photos!I have till date preserved the postcards my paati used to send to me on my bdays!The fragrance of those letters keeps me going!Indeed in the absence of mobile people always took an effort in keeping relations be it friends or family!Today however with mobiles a phone call makes up for the visits!I dont remember the last time we had some big family reunion!I miss it all!

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bubbly dear glad to know you have also preserved the postcards sent by your patti on your birthdays. True technology has changed everything

1 person likes this.