1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Five Ways to Make Water More Interesting

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Nov 9, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

While most health experts believe that downing considerable glasses of water every day is good for health, it may be boring to drink tasteless and plain water. This is true, especially in case of kids who refuse to drink flat water. Here, are five natural ways to make water more interesting. Drinking water will never be a boring affair! Since most of them are available all year round, it is an easy task to make flavored water right at home

l239048230948.jpg Make It Tangy: Add few slices of lemon in the pitcher to get a glass of fresh and aromatic water. In fact, you will have the added benefits of consuming Vitamin C by having a lemon infused drink. Another option is to squeeze the juice of lemon and put them in ice cube trays for freezing. You can add the lemony ice cubes for instant tangy water!

m932048923.jpg Go Herbal: Mint, lemon grass, basil leaves are some great herbal options to make the flat water more interesting. You may need to crush them to get the flavor of the leaves before putting it into the water. The herbal water also aids digestion.

c943593485.jpg Cool Cumber: Slice thin rounds of cucumber and drop in the pitcher of water. Wait for some time to let cucumber release the flavor. It leaves a very cool and refreshing taste adding an interesting taste to the water. You will also get the benefit of Vitamin C (boosts immunity), Vitamin K (keeps the bones healthy and strong) and Vitamin A (good for vision, cell growth and enhances immunity). Did you know that cucumber slices is an effective aid for weight loss?

s3985094385.jpg Mix of Fruits: Make the water look colorful and tasty by adding strawberries. Mash them slightly with a fork, before you put the slices in the water to get that instant strawberry flavor. You can add any type of berries, slices of orange, pineapple, pomegranate and peaches also to make it more interesting.

g2039892348.jpg Ginger & Honey: Add a slice of ginger and a spoon of honey to make that perfect health drink. Ginger keeps your digestion smooth while honey is a great immunity and energy booster. Ginger and honey are great partners that will help you keep away from respiratory, digestive, muscular problems. Ginger also gives relief from menstrual cramps.

Happy Drinking!!

Admin Note: Here are relevant discussions on drinking water

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/85815-the-goodness-of-water.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/107348-how-do-i-get-myself.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...173-importance-of-drinking-plain-water-5.html

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    40 people like this.

2. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

hi, great ideas, thanks for the input, pls continue for more ideas

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Great tips cool blues

4. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

wonderful tips and keep sharing more..

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

lovely post coolblues.

My mother used to put two three lemons in to the water kept in an eathernware. It gives nice soothing flavour to the otherwise plain water and we loved every sip of it. I practice that during summer here. It is so refreshing.

2 people like this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

hey Mira
    I started the same yesterday and it really is great will do your mothers method for summers thanks di for sharing

7. Sripura

Sripura Silver IL'ite

Wow..pretty cool ideas...i bet all chennites will love to drink water this way during summer...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thats a great idea....Flavoured water WOW! Also, the pitcher looks attractive with some additions in the water instead of juts plain boring water. Thanks for this great tip

9. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Good idea. Just last week, I went to a resturant and I saw they put a sprig of mint and lemon in a pitcher of water. It looked so attractive and tasted great too....

10. englishtutorjul

englishtutorjul Silver IL'ite

Aha! How nice....plain water can also be made interesting, if you use some creativity. :)