1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Five Point Someone and Three Idiots

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nitha J, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

I just finished reading 5 point someone (Chetan Bhagat)..

I am totally mad at "Aamir Khan" for changing the Ryan character to suit his image including being a top scorer; and having a love-interest; when in the book;Ryan was almost the "last rank holder" all through the course; and Hari (Madhavan's character) was in love with prof.s daughter...

After reading the book; I felt the movie didn't do any justice to the book. JMO

Still mad at Aamir Khan :)
    -Nitha

1 person likes this.

2. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

I know Amir khan has bollywoodised the original story :biglaughas bollywood fans love a Mr.Perfect as a hero.

3. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

nice movie and book

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Had the movie been made exactly as FIVE POINT SOMEONE was written, it would not have been a super duper hit!!! For any Indian movie to be a hit, you need some romance and of course, some masala and plotting as well.

I also read the book twice in fact. I enjoyed every bit of it.

5. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

nice book .i wonder sex, pampering is juz like that to nort indian students[no offense pls] as told by chetan
    Waiting for 2 states which is going to be filmed. sharukh n asin were told as lead actors. lets c

1 person likes this.
  6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Yes that would be an intresting story. Lets see. Chetan Bhagat's books have always some elemnt from his personal life as wel.

I also like ONE NIGHT@THE CALL CENTRE. The movie Hello (Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif) is based on this novel.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

I didn't like One night @ call centre as much as 5 point someone..
    Rkg; I agree on Romance part. But in book; the romance is between prof.daughter and the madhavan character.But in movie; it is between Aamir and prof.daughter(kareena).. Ahhh..well; we have to live with it ;)

Waiting for the sharukh/asin combo

8. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Looks like Amir khan is rajnikanth in Bollywood;-) regarding Twisting stories.
    I read the book 4-5 years before. Vaguely remember the story. Even the climax is little bit twisted. There is no delivery climax in the book. Prof have one son(late) and daughter. In movie prof has 2 daughters

9. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

I truly agree that the original story and the film has many dissimilarities but still then I enjoyed both.Lets wait n watch what is there in the latest combo.But do you think SRK can do justice to a character who is only 24 yrs in the story?lets see.

10. ani123

ani123 Senior IL'ite

I was mad on Amir for a different reason though!

he blatantly refused that story of the movie is from the book 'five point someone'.

he said few scenes were inspired from the book but its totally different...duhhh!

How could he say that when its copied makki to makki.

They have not mentioned Chetan Bhagat in the titles too.he had put case on that film production but again money wins and everyone was quite later.

I dont remember anything either as i read it 3-4 yrs back.time to refresh :)