Fitting it into your life...Work-Life Balance Contest - July 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalak

nalak New IL'ite

Being a software engineer for the past 8 years and a mother of 2 kids, I would like to share a few things that helped me to achieve work life balance

Be passionate
    Be passionate on any work that you do either at office or at home. If you are passionate about something you are less likely to procrastinate.

Take away the guilt
    Always try to look at the positive side

Manage time efficiently
    1) Multitask wherever possible
    Plan well
    Do not spend time on something that you wouldn't feel proud of.

Be healthy
    Eat healthy and serve healthy food

Lead a disciplined Life
    Be a rolemodel to your kids

Delegate
    Delegate the tasks that do not really need your personal touch/attention.

Keep it Simple
    Always keep your life simple. Do not complicate it by having over expectation on your relationships at family or unrealistic goals in your career

2. pavithrasham

pavithrasham New IL'ite

Hello All,
    Women can do everything.It may be difficult for her sometimes but not impossible.women can manage all the work alone.Balancing home and work is a bit difficult but still she'll find ways to do it.we have to go to work in the morning,cook,take care of the children, husband, In-laws and home too.
    There are few tips for working women:
    1) Decide the menu to cook the before day and cut the vegetables n keep it in refrigerator makes cooking easy the next day.

2) Talk to your partner and share your work with him because if husband is helpful and understanding then life becomes easy.

3) Make sure that u go outside along with your family for a dinner weekly once.mostly in the week ends.This will refresh you and it makes you gain energy to work the next day.

4) Listen to music after coming home,it will reduce your stress n strain. moreover if you work at home listening to music then you'll feel less tired. i practically experienced at home.

I'm mom of 6 months old baby.From the time i woke up I feel completely charged till late night.women's work is like full time job.so there is no rest for women.she cant make any excuses.she goes on doing work without expecting anything. women's work must be recognised and appreciated which is really rare to be seen.finally women can achieve anything and i feel really proud to be women.

Regards
    PavithraSham.

3. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

Thanks for your overwhelming responses for the Work-Life Balance Contest.

Entries are being short listed by our panel of Judges. So stay tuned for the result !!

Regards,
    The IndusLadies Team

4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

Many thanks to all those members who made this contest interestingly active with their participation. Also I would like to thank our panel of Judges who helped us to select the winning entry.

With no further delay here goes the winner announcement...

Winner of Work-Life Balance Contest

Ranise

For her winning entry here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/t...itting-into-your-life-work-3.html#post1336899

Her entry exactly portrays the practical concept of work-life balance. Also, her entry stood out with more practical happenings in a working woman’s day-to-day life.

Congratulations Ranise...!

IL Special Gift for Winning the Work-Life Balance Contest:

Hand-painted decorative wall hanging from Orissa

painting.jpg

I have set up the Private Message subscription too for winning the contest. For details refer here.
    Improvements to the Paid Private Message System

Note: Please send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  5. Hemadhawan

Hemadhawan Senior IL'ite

Congratulations to the winner.
    However, the winning post exceeds 300 word limit. I hope next time onwards, if judges notice the guidelines and select accordingly, it would be appreciable.

6. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Ranise...!

7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, Ranise!

I loved your entry. You write well and the three most important points that need to be taken into account by all of us are so well highlighted in your entry. I loved the personal touch in your entry as well. We can scour the internet and get tonnes of articles on WLB but your entry is something that each of us can identity with.

Keep writing!

Regards,
    Laks

8. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

I am really thrilled, this is the first time I am winning a contest in IL !!!.

Thanks moderators.

Hema, Kalmat, thanks for the wishes.

Laks, thanks for the nice words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.