fitting and furnishing a new house

Discussion in 'Housing' started by aparnag, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

right.. they might not withstand much weight right?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i have one shamppoo , conditioner 400ml bottles , soap, soap wash and another tray on this.so it holds 2 kgs easily is my guess..

the feasiblity is that you can have 2/3 numbers in the same wall...say at 1 /1.5ft gap..gives a shelf like appearance

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  3. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

it looks neat... was this done by your interior person?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes with my inputs

5. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanthi and sowmya,
    Thanks for your inputs and suggestions..
    I have seen nilkamal ranges in many shops here itself.. but not suits our area..(its looks big ) I m thinking of the shelf which is shown in this link with 3 layers with different sizes..
    Glass Shelf - Toughened Glass Corner, Glass Corner 'D' Bracket and Toughened Straight Glass Shelf Supplier & Manufacturer
    i have seen the same in one of the shop in madipakkam itself.. but as u people said of rusting will chk someothers also...

6. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sudha, This definitely will rust.. I have one at home now.. all those rims will rust..

7. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

hi sowmya,
    ya will chk other things also..
    bcoz of space constraint i have to look more options...

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sudha and sowmya,

yesterday, i had my washing machine serviced and the guy who did it, is known to me for the past few years. while talking, we were discussing about the hardness of water and he says there has been real high increase in the salt/hardness of water..he blames for rust, color change in pipes, and also the washing machine corrosion on the same.

Incidentally the water in my flat, when tested showed increase of tds from 400 to 600 within a span of 1.5 years and 600 is the normal levels under which simple softeners work.. and when i asked for a softener for our flats, the cost and the maintenance looked way beyond the reach..

looks like hard water is something we have to learn to accept and live with.. but it definitely is taking its toll on clothes, vessels, taps, bathrooms, hair everything...

It is the same case till almost nearer to chengelpet in the south and 5km beyond ennore the other side..but these are not exact statistics and the exact ones will be alarming he said.. they are doing testing as a part of their water purifier marketing..

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sudha,

these simple shelves are the cost effective ones, practical space saving too.. and easily replaceable in case of break by giving the measurement, height, width and thickness..to the glass vendor that are plenty here.

you can even go for a corner groove too as an alternative idea..

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmya,

yesterday i was talking to my dh about this rusting, and he said let us get those grooves and keep them in stock. if the ones that are in place rust too much, we can remove the existing and place new ones.. (felt kind of feasible and practical.. )

1 person likes this.