1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fissure in the King

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Fissure in the King​

Vijay Malaya and Kingfisher Airlines are in the news once again, with the financial troubles , the grounded planes, the tax troubles and all that.

I am the one who has written the most on Vijay Malaya, since the time I started to blog, and there have been many interesting comments on my blog.

I had made a comparison between Warren Buffet, the second richest man in the world in 2007 when I wrote the blog, and even today, and Vijay Malaya, now a pauper. Here is the link to it.

Warren Buffet vs Vijay Malaya,

Warren Buffet’s company Hathway owns an Airline too, but Warren buffet travels like an ordinary passenger even today, and VM will fly his own plane, he is a pilot also, and takes his friends to watch Wimbledon, and World cup matches held abroad.

Buffet has a personal wealth of some 40 billion dollors, or close to 2 lakh crores, of which he has donated most of it. And Malaya is deep down in pits, every day flight cancellations, accounts seized and all that.

There are many blogs that I have written on Malaya and his flamboyant lifestyle, and I knew this day would come pretty soon, where he will be in deep ****, as he is now. As u sow , so shall u reap.

Monopoly is bad, just like u had just Indian Airlines for domestic airlines, and BSNL for telephones, where the services of both were bad, but u had no choice really. Both made good profits in their day.

Now Airlines are a one too many. And each with many aircrafts, taken on loans .KingFisher has some 68 aircrafts, and with another 100 on order, and they are now having just 20 odd planes in the air.

When u have so many aircraft, u need to fly them for u have hired pilots and crew for it.You hve to pay for fuel, staff and the pilots. So u run them like taxis nonstop. To fill up the seats, or rather overcapacity, they have started to reduce rates, which are not viable, but the public loves it for it gives even train travelers to pay a few hundred more to travel by air,a nd who would not want this opportunity.

This is disastrous. Let me give u an example. Tea on the roadside is 3 b ucks, stand and drink.Udipi restaurants may be serving tea or coffee for 10 bucks, café coffee day for 60 bucks and upwards, and then 5 stars like Taj , tea is like 300 plus taxes.

Now each of these has its own clientele. I belong to the 3 buck and 10 buck one, many go to 60 ones, and some to the 5 stars. Each has their own needs and pockets.

Now just imagine, compare the railways to the 3 buck and 10 buck category and the airlines to the 5 star. Now imagine Taj being empty, and feeling jelous of the udipi restaurant down the lane which is packed all the time. Now they want to woo those customers, so they start offering tea say at 20 bucks. Many like me will go to Taj for the expierence.But Taj is paying different rents and salaries than the Udipi fellow. How will they survive in the long run is the question.

Same case is with the airlines cutting rates to snatch customers from each other, and from the railways. They will bleed both ways, and if the airlines go bankrupt, it is us customers who will bleed and rue the fact.For then u will be soon left with Indian Airlines only, which will continuye to be subsidized by the govt, so it wont go under.

Let us recognize the fact that there will be a class system in india always,trains will have 3 classes, there are people who even travel jaipur ahmedabad 15 hours by buses, and then there are the elite class who will travel by air only.

The best course for the airlines acc to me, is to cut down the aircrafts they have, fly few, sell the surplus, and raise the rates, and there should not be a ticket below 4000/- at least. This way the airlines make profits, have the flights full, and reduce the flights from each destination; Count the average number of passengers on an average that board from delhi to Mumbai and the airlines come together and share the flights, making sure the supply is less or equal to the demand, where not even one seat comes empty, and u will find everyone laughing away to the bank.

To those that say we cant pay so much, then change over to trains, my limit is 3000 for jaipur Mumbai, otherwise I take a tatkal ticket in train which comes for 2000 bucks.

And to those who are in a hurry, or emergency, pay thru ur nose to reach yr destination. I heard that people are shelling out 25000 business class banglore delhi. Let people with deep pockets or generous empoyers, travel in air, those like me, have always the choice of trains eh !

And with the lousy crowd u see now in planes, I am more convinced, that they should travel in trains , the chaff should be separated from the grain.

And I am wondering where is malaya’s son, for whom the airline was started by the loving Dad ? At 25, he is stil wooing the babes, I am sure even Deepika Padukone who was his last GF, she too will desert him now that he is broke. What kind of a son he is, that he cannot face the music and is letting his dad come on TV explaining the proboms ? Do we wish for sons to be born, to behave this way ?

Amen

KAMAL MAHTANI

We all know Taj Mahal as a symbol of love. But do u know these facts ?
    1) Mumtaz was the 4th wife of Shahjehan out of his 7 wives.
    2) SJ killed Mumtaz’s husband to marry her
    3) Mumtaz died in her 14th delivery
    4) He then married Mumtaz’s sister
    Where the hell was love !!!!!!!

Pappita is called pappi as a shortform in punjabi language.
    Santa – Banta why did u kiss the lady selling the papitas
    Banta – what could I do , she was looking at me and yelling
    “ Pappi to le lo, pappi to le lo , so maine pappi le li uski !!!!!

Son to Dad – Dad, a boy in class teases me everyday and calls me GAY
    Dad – Then why did u not hit that rascal
    Son – How could I hit him. He looks so HOT !!!!!

Once alu (potatoes) told Bhindi ( ladies finger), “ I love you”
    Bhindi got very angry and told Alu, u are so ugly and shapeless, have u seen yr face in the mirror
    Alu felt very bad, and with determined effort he wooed other veggies.
    So today u have
    Alu palak,
    Alu matter,
    Alu baingan
    Alu gobi

And since that day, Bhini is all alone !!!!!

4 people like this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha kamalji ,I am here after some days and must say that your jokes had me lol.

(I knew only until mumtazs 14th delivery...... which btw was the proof of SJ's love for his begum...LOL.so today you have totally disillusioned me about India's most talked about love and romance.:))

Interesting the post was...but I wonder how our airasia is doing so well.yes I do think it is because of lower operating costs..each aircraft makes at least three trips a day..

1 person likes this.
  3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji..
    I was thinking of you when the KF airlines trouble started brewing..I'm sure Mallaya has enough wealth stacked away to resurrect the airline but he is too smart to use his personal wealth.. if he declares bankruptcy then he is not liable to pay the debts and the share holders will crumble...
    Indian businessmen apart from the Tatas and a large extend Birlas have such unethical ways of using the company funds.. we can't even compare them with the Buffets or steve Jobs or Bill gates of the west.. the latter only believe in filling up their pockets and care a hoot for the rest whereas the former believe in giving something back to the society.. a concept which is alien in India..
    what is this last joke as Alu and Bhindi????? by the way you have taken out the Majhaa from the romance of Taj Mahal!!!
    Kerman

4. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Hilarious piece, Kamalji!

Aloo - Bhindi joke was good :)

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    Vijay Malaya and his self proclaimed status of “king of good times” is no secrecy to the world…and to his tag line “live the good times”, I am not in the least perturbed seeing this profligate who lived a recklessly wasteful life-style “living the bad times”.
    The fissure ( I liked the use of this technical term) widened day by day, becoming odious and purulent . The king goes bankrupt; modern legal remedy for spendthrifts is usually bankruptcy
    In one of his flamboyant pursuits, Vijay Malaya should have just flown the plane to the direction of “the Rakes progress”, at least he would have known what was in store for his spoilt son. For those of you who are not familiar with the “The Rake’s progress” it is a sequence of 8 paintings by an artist Williams Hogartth. The paintings illustrate the descend of Tom Rakewel, the son and heir of a rich Merchant in London. His casual spendthrift ways make him squander all his wealth in a lavish lifestyle peppered with gambling, prostitution and is finally imprisoned. This has been made into an opera, ballet and film.
    P.S. I heard Vijayaji is lookin for Kamalji, it is either for a loan or for a bashing…..and by the way Deepika seems to have dumped that Sid boy…she is an opportunist cum entrepreneur (better entrepreneur than the father and son) and she never puts her eggs in a shaky nest!
    Mega

3 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you Kamalji, as you sow, so you reap. If you throw around money, you will go broke. But somehow I have this instinctive feeling the guy will redeem himself somehow and continue to lead his flamboyant life style. Such people have more sources of money than one.

Loved your jokes Kamalji. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi.

they dont claim they have the best looking airhostesses, they keep a low profile and make the most of what they have. Even i was amazed about shahjahan.HAHA

Thanks for the first FB, and sorry for the late reply.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kerman,

HAHA, i have made VJ so notorious. REad the li nk i have posted in this blog, which i could not fiund when i posted teh blog, but just now, induslady has sent a note saying they have restored the blog, u will see, tbhat in 2007 i posted this blog, u have to read what i predicted 5 years back, when VM was at his peak. Well he may have funds parked, but the public and banks will cry at the end.

Well i cant explain the joke, wish i could.Taj mahal eh ! yes even i was surprised at the story.HAHA

14 kids from her eh ! Was she a factory ? God knows.,

Regards

ka mal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Rhea,

u know, many come to my blogs just to read the jokes, buts it ok, as long i am able to entertain u all , joke or blog is immaterial.HAHA

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,

u have described VM so well, better than i coudl have. the link to my old blog of 2007 has neen restored in my blog thanks to indus lady, kindly go thru it, and see what i predicted 5 years back .Even wells go dry if u overdraw the water, so said my grandma, and so has happened with this chap. Well he can niother take a loan from me, fir i am a man of modest means, and well he is free to bash me up, i will get good free publicity.And i am well insured, mind u.HAHA

And yes i dont see deepika around siddharth anymore, nor do i see sidharth too anywhere. Sjhe is smart as u said.

HAHA

You dont miss anything do u

Regards

kamal