First transvaginal Ultrasound

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by loonypooh, Feb 16, 2009.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hello ladies,
    I have been having mild fever since last 3 days. esp at night and cough cold.today when i got up my head started to spin, I thought the whole room was spinning

I went to meet my doc, she checked and said its just dehydration and consume more and more liquids.
    also told me i could pop a crocin for once or so, since i have little fever.

She also did a transvaginal ultrasound, and i saw the tiny little sac on the screen for the first time :):):)

told me to take more rest .

2. ashaaapti

ashaaapti New IL'ite

hey poo....
    take care....u went to the dr right ..ur under the guidence so..you keep cool..watch ramayan and read ramayana..
    - veena

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Poo,
    Thts a very great feeling to see your baby for the first time.
    Take care of your health first, the first trimester is very critical for mother and child..........lot of miscarriages happen in this month. So just consume as many juices as you can and try avoid outside food completely. Have water and juice atleast every hour.
    To get a healthy child, be happy and positive during your pregnancy.

4. nirmiti27

nirmiti27 New IL'ite

Hello loonypooh
    I am little ahead of you...I am just 6W2d as per ultrasound and by ovulation i am 6w6d...I saw my 1st ultrasound also on 5 week and saw a lovely gestational sac & yolk sac,....was started crying...reading all week by week pregnancy ..I should have seen fetalpole, but doc said it is too early to see anything...and asked to come after 1 week ..so on valentine day i went for another scan and could actually see a heartbeat..so was jumping all around...In next scan u will also see a heart beat..

Is this your first Pg/Baby??..mine is 1st...but have to be on strict diet because of Gestational diabetis(started so early at 5 week)

I wish we can keep in touch and share our experience together

Nirmiti

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hello nirmiti,
    i like ur name!:)
    well this transvaginal ultrasound wasnt planned, it just so happened, that i had been to the doctors with other concern, and abruptly DH told doctor that I been asking him all thewhile whether i was really pregnant :ideaBig Laugh.which i did because, on my first visit, she never took any tests, neither blood nor urine, and said 2 dark lines on my HPT is definitely trustable, and theres no need.
    so the Dr just wanted to show me that indeed i am pregnantBig Laughshe performed the transvaginal ultrasound , and i saw the yolk sac, and nothing else though.
    asked me to come on the 6th of next month for my first ultrasound:) for the heartbeat and stuff.

and ofcourse we can keep in touch , and discuss our progress.:thumbsup good luck with your Mr Bean....

PS: yes this is my first pregnancy. so we sailing the same boat!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  6. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Hi nirmiti,

could'nt resist but to interfere in this thread...Your name is really very beautiful...very unique..

And congratulations to both ladies!!!! I am TTC and praying to be in this forum as soon as possible.

Rgds

Roopa

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  7. nirmiti27

nirmiti27 New IL'ite

Hi roopa & loonypooh,

This is not my real name but I have always dream of having a babygirl and i will name her...Nirmiti means "the creator":)..and my DH name starts with N..so always like this name...hope i will get a beautyful baby girl and i could keep this name if all at home agree to it

Loonypooh - when is your next scan..my DH still cant belive that we are pregnant after long 3 yrs of TTC ..will drag him in for next scan...when i has scan and saw heartbeat DH was thrown out bonkas it was transvaginal scan..but on 28th feb I will be having another scan at 8weeks and will request the radiologist to let him see to belive that its true..:bowdown

roopa dont worry you will be joing this thread soon.I myself have gone thru it for 2.10 long yrs

BABYDUST
    Nirmiti

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Nirmiti,
    Nice name...But I am just curious!! In India, don't they allow men in the room when the wife has a transvaginal ultrasound??? That's so strange...Here in U.S there is no such thing...Was just curious..that's all!!

9. nirmiti27

nirmiti27 New IL'ite

mridusudha,
    I currently in singapore from 2 yrs but i am basically from pune..So here in SG i thinking we need to request radiologist more time to get him in...

She did abdominal one ..she did allow him to stand there then later when she said she need to do Vaginal one to get clear heartbeat and picture and measures of baby...then she asked him to go out...poor DH couldnt see baby's heartbeat...he was angry and felt bad tht he has all rights too see the heartbeat..but didnt want to argue with her so went out without a word.

I do have next scan on 28th feb and I am going to force her to let my dh see the heartbeat..and let him stay in the room...hope he can see his baby's heartbeat this time..

Abt India i dont have any idea...but this is what my radiologist did that day..(my Hospital here in Singapore is the largest on and has 10 U/s room on 2 floors...so next time if lucky will have someone else to do the scan)

Nirmiti

10. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies...plz help

I am 5.1 now and when I went to the doc she said she can find the and the sac but the heartbeat wasn't present in the Ultrasound.
    She asked me to come by 9th march again for another Ultrasound she said it is then we can find the baby's heart beating.
    Is this quite normal or this is happening only to me

This 2weeks wait is being like hell for me :(

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009