First Ivf Anxieties

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Caughtinbetween, Oct 6, 2017.

1. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Hi OP,

I dont think PGS test cost is per embryo. You can confirm it with your doc though. When I did my IVF, my doc said 1500$ for PGS testing. So I guess the cost is standard for the procedure.

All the best for your next cycle. Stickiest baby dust to you.

2. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Please read my answers under the questions above, in the quoted section.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

OP, I am sorry to hear about your IVF outcome. As for PGS, I would test if you have 4 embryos. Transferring a PGS-normal will not guarantee 100% success, but you will weed out any abnormals which will have zero chances of implanting. It can save you time, money and heartbreak for your FET.
    Check the current costs with your clinic. Usually it will be a set fee for up to 10-12 embryos. I had to pay $2500 to the PGS company and my clinic charged $1500 to biopsy the embryos but this was a few years ago and costs may be different.

4. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Dear all ,

thanks for your response everyone . I will wait to get the PGS done for the next retrieval cycle .
    For now , I just had a FET transfer done and 2ww now . Depending on its outcome , I will work on the future course of retrievals . Hopefully it goes well .
    However I want to take the BCBSNJ plan for next year to be safe , if this cycle does not work out .
    I am planning to do the next retrieval after getting this insurance coverage .
    I need an immediate assistance from you all in a current situation .
    So the matter is , I heard from dr. ofc and online blogs that BCBS of NJ has an infertility state mandate which covers 3 retrievals and unlimited (not sure) transfers . This is the plan that I want to take for myself for the next year to ease some burden off . I tried calling them but the cust service rep was too rude I just ended up hanging . I will try calling them again in any case but before that I want to know from you all . Anyone here knows exactly which plan that is . I can take their highest plan omnia gold which they say has maximum benefits but they cant assure me that its the one which has NJ mandate for infertility coverage . Some of their reps did not even know about IVF and its coverage so I was not very confident when they said this plan has the benefits I am looking for.
    Does anyone of you know which plan it is ? Or is the NJ infertility mandate applicable on all the plans as a mandatory feature ? I think not .

Please advise . I am really getting tensed over it as the days are passing . Thank you for all the time and efforts you put in helping me through . Thank you.

5. lathadivakar

lathadivakar Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    When is your first betahcg test date?
    I don't know about the insurance plan

6. lathadivakar

Sorry, half message posted by mistakenly.
    My advice is please wait for the result till that don't think about next plan. Because your attracting negative result by thinking about next cycle. Please be possitive and stay calm.
    I am also in 2ww of IVF first cycle with single embryo transfer. Transfer done on Nov 9.
    All the best

7. Caughtinbetween

Hi All ,

hope you all doing great . @lathadivakar thank you and all the very best for the outcome. my best wishes to you.

update :
    So we had a hcg test done 3 days back and the results came in positive today . the hcg is around 120 , this was day10 post FET transfer . I will go for another test tomorrow . Does this hcg look good or is it early or could it be elevated levels due to medicines still running through the system .

And am also worried about the insurance issue because time is passing ? Irrespective of the test results , should I still go ahead with the insurance plans to add supplemental . I think its the best bet . Would that be a good decision ?

Thank you very much for your help .

8. lathadivakar

Hi congratulations
    So happy to hear good news.
    Don't worry about quantity. In tomorrow's test it should show double the number. Please take more rest.
    For insurance, I also felt your decision is good.
    Can you please let me know the changes done for this cycle regarding Medicine and extra test's...
    My first IVF cycle was negative. Tomorrow have appointment to discuss further plan.

Please share your tomorrow's result. All the best.

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  9. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Hey, Congratulations! :) The numbers don't matter as long as it doubles every 48 hours. Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  10. Caughtinbetween

Hi all , thank you for the wishes . The second hcg test confirmed that the count went up more than twice . I will go for the first scan after two weeks to see the sac and second scan another 2 weeks later to check the heart beat . As of now i should be between 3-4 weeks according to the nurse .

@lathadivakar ....I am really so sorry to hear that the first cycle failed . i completely understand how it feels . My first one failed too last month. This month it was FET so no stimulation medicines . I took femara for the first five days along with estrace . I have been taking estrace every day since 3 times a day . And then started taking progesterone in oil about 4 -5 days prior to the transfer . And continuing since then . And the normal folic acid and prenatals . I also take metformin and high bp meds .
    Difference between the first fresh cycle and this one is that instead of crinone which is the vaginal supplement , i took progesterone in oil in form of injection and i did not take femara last time . I did not take the hcg trigger shot this time . estrace remains same in both the cycles .
    I sincerely wish baby dust to you very soon . My best wishes . thank you

lathadivakar likes this.