1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First child sick most of the time

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by curiousgal, Jan 31, 2012.

1. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

My son, who is 2 yrs old has been sick on and off very frequently for the past month or so. Even otherwise, he falls sick very often.

I'm currently 6 months pregnant. My mom was telling me that she heard from someone that the first child will continue to remain sick throughout the pregnancy. Some old wives tale. Have you heard of this? What is the relation between me being pregnant and my son falling sick?

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hii
    so the younger one is arriving , congratulations.
    well i havent heard of the old womans tale .. about first one would fall ill , when mum is expecting.
    Even if it is true, you have another 3 months for it right. Spend good amount of time with your son, that will keep him happy, and this would definitely improve his health , i hope.
    Why i mentioned so is because, one of our family friend who got pregnat for 3rd time when second child was not even one year, faced the same problem. second child was always ill, and continued till 3rd one was a year and independent . I feel the problem is due to childs separation anxiety.So i feel you should give the child lot of time, once the younger one arrives, you may not able to do so. So spend time. I donno if I am right / wrong. I may be wrong.
    Regards
    Resmi.J

3. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi curiousgal,

If u do believe in astrology then u may realize that this happens. Some kids have some planets so placed in their natal chart that they have a bad effect on their siblings. Dont know if this is true in ur case.

4. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

oh my superwoman09. that sounds so sinister! it is scary to realize that one child's planetary positions affect the well being of the other child....hope this is not true.

resmij: since the second one has not arrived yet, there is no separation anxiety. either it is just the weather (hyd has been really cold this winter) which has been fluctuating like crazy or it is just part of growing up where kids tend to different types of food which their stomachs cannot digest.

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Congrats dear..
    my DD elder is just 1.6 yrs elder to my DS...
    i underwent the same phase but believe me, we as mother care too much about the first child ( unknowingly) during the second pregnancy... your pregnancy has no effect or conncetion to this and you son.. Relax, think positive....