1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Finger End Pain?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Naari, May 14, 2018.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

The metacarpal bones of the hand are the ones immediately above the wrist. The finger ends are the distal phalangeal bones. Inaccurate terminology can lead to confusion. Please be careful in your own best interests.
    :beer-toast1:

Naari likes this.
  2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thanks, will do.

Oops , this is what happens when laymen start to google their medical problems:lol: ok , distal phalageal bones, trying to pronounce that correct. Ok got it , thanks.

3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

You take care @shravs3 .. keeps us updated on how it goes.

shravs3 likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks and You too take care dear!

Naari likes this.
  5. sokanasanah

Perhaps I should take my own advice and speak clearly - "above the wrist" could mean "closer to the elbow." :facepalm:
    That's not it. What I was trying to say was: the bones in your palm extending from the wrist to your knuckles are the metacarpals. The wrist bones are the carpals. The three bones in your fingers are the phalanges (two on the thumb). I'm sure you've looked it up already, but anyway .... :wink1:

Naari likes this.
  6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for clarifying. Are you sure we have it all cleared up?:lol:

I am thinking better to just show him the area where the pain is located instead of trying to identify it medically! In any case, I am pretty sure doctors don’t rely on patients description in medical terms?

7. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

I have faced it almost two years ago when am pregnant with second kid .. all fingers tip until 1 inch used to hurt a lot and I could see the blood spots red marks here and there .. doctor checked it and declared it's not carpal tunnel as I dint have joint pain ..

She asked me what changed recently did I touch hot surface .. the thing changed is I rejoined work after 5 years of gap so with huge typing on the key board after a long gap made diff .. nothing suggested but asked me to rest the elbow with some support while typing n some elevation also helped me .. it went away after few months ..

8. sokanasanah

When it comes to your health, don't be too sure of anything. Actually, I was simply trying to promote clear communication - not just with a physician - universally useful! :wink1:

9. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

And I was kidding, actually trying to ask the Doc on the practice in the profession:wink: Guess I didn’t communicate that clearly :facepalm:

10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

vitamin D / B / calcium deficiency are possible.
    If u type a lot and work on long hours on laptop , phone and other gadgets continuously, that's a sure risk factor for this finger pain, coupled with incorrect postures..
    Sorry I don't know much about this. But if u have so much discomfort why don't u consult an orthopedician and a physiotherapist for this, instead of Google search.