1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Finger End Pain?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Naari, May 14, 2018.

1. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hey Friends,

I seem to recently have hand finger end pain frequently. Not sure if it is a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome. I read up symptoms of that syndrome & seems like burning & tingling of fingers is a common symptom of that. I don’t have any burning or tingling or any other symptoms except pain.

Anyone here who has that? What did you do to mitigate or prevent it? Though I am thinking that’s the reason, any other reason that could be causing that? The other reasons on a google search didn’t seem to be the cause to me.

Thank you !

PS: Happy mother’s day to everyone here!

Last edited: May 14, 2018

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi Naari,

Are you talking about the pain in the joints of fingers? If so, it could be 1. calcium/vit D deficiency. 2. Onset of Bone related issues like osteoarthritis or some such thing.3. carpel tunnel ( which you feel symptoms don't match) 4. Unconscious injury/ over use.

Try home remedies like soaking hands in warm water with or without Epsom salt, massaging with some ointment, light excercise for fingers, palm and the wrist. Try to rest a bit. If this doesn't help in a week, consult a doctor.

Happy mother's day to you too.:)

Naari likes this.
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Yeah, joints and the the finger bone, not sure what’s it called. You are right, possibly some bone issue onset; though I have no other bone or joint pain. Vitamin d deficiency , possible. I will try the remedifies you suggested for sure. I do think it’s due to overwork, but then why not before?

Thank you, I will do. Hope you are having a fun mother’s day!

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Happy Mother’s Day to you !Omg Almost it’s been 2 weeks I’m also facing the same for left index finger :( . Burning sensation .I’m also wondering if it’s CTS. Never faced it earlier.

Naari likes this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hey, hope not. Look at this wiki page. To be precise, I have pain in metacarpals. Do you too?

Phalanx bone - Wikipedia

shravs3 likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hi Naari
    Did it start recently? Was there any recent injury? Do you have swelling? Is your pain consistent or goes away after mid day ? Or does it pain at night at EOD? Is cold/ heat have any effect. Observe all this before you consult a doctor. Check out Raynaud’s syndrome.

Naari likes this.
  7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @jskls . Yes, recently started , kind of consistent. No injury or swelling . Pains most of the time, but not as much as to hinder or affect functionality. Just pains. I checked Raynaud’s syndrome, I do have pain but no pale hands or change of color till now, but something to keep observing.

Those are some really good points, I will keep observing till I see a doctor.
    Happy mother’s day to you !

jskls likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Happy Mother’s Day Naari. Do get checked with the doctor. Take care. Hope you feel better soon

Naari likes this.
  9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Keep good notes - dates, times, and severity on an arbitrary scale. Keep an eye on the processed foods you're eating in case it's some form of inflammation.

Naari likes this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes Naari . Even I have pain in metacarpals and all of a sudden it’s burning . It’s intermittent . I feel due to my mobile usage as well . Need to reduce for sure !

Naari likes this.