Finest Posts - September 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Induslady, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

It's September! It's that time to say "Goodbye Summer. Hello Autumn!", atleast from this side of the world! September also starts to bring in a lot of colorful festivals of India which means lots of celebrations, activities, high energy and spirit everywhere. So should be the Finest Posts forum brimming with lots and lots of nomination activities.

In the absence of Cheeniya Sir and Kamla Ma'm at the begin of this month, I got my guts together to come here and open up this September nominations thread. With loads of hopes that you all will bring in the best ones as nominations here!

Let's get the party started...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link: Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating Feedbacks, please remember to add a link to the feedback post and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:

How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the Feedback post that you are nominating:

How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    maggi32, Kamla, iyerviji and 3 others like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Induslady,

Thank you for announcing the commencement of the September 2016 nomination. I am here to nominate one of my favorite writers Agatha's snippet Jayanthi-an Inspiring Woman. It is such an inspiring life story of a woman from a forward community taking the responsibility to organize cremation of bodies.

As much as the heroine deserves the accolades, the author deserves recognition for bringing this to IL. I honestly feel that everyone in IL will enjoy reading this snippet.

Viswa

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa Sir,

Thank you for cutting the ribbon for Sep Nominations by bringing in the 1st nomination! What a great honor to have a post about an inspiring woman as the 1st nomination for this month. Thank you @Agatha83 for bringing this inspiring woman's story to our Community! She is a courageous and determined woman, more than that a faithful daughter that we all can look up for inspiration.

Dear All,

Would also like to mention that Viswa Sir will be acknowledging all the Finest Post nominations that will be coming in during this month.

Thank you @Viswamitra Sir for accepting to do the same. In the absence of Cheeniya Sir and Kamla Ma'm, your help with Finest Posts is very much appreciated.

maggi32, vaidehi71 and iyerviji like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Wow Congratulations Viswa dear, all the best

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would like to nominate this post by @madras2018 Marriage Counselling: Thumbs Up Or Down? Questions?

madras2018 has listed comprehensive guidelines for people considering counseling. She has also differentiated between taking help from the immediate family versus professionals. Many points in the post would come only from firsthand experience. The post is a valuable resource for women who know about counseling but not sure if it is for them, and how to try it, what to look out for. I can keep listing all the points that were remarkable in it, but that'd be quoting the entire post. Per my reading, it was easily one of the best posts in Relationship forum - should be made a sticky, and a must-read for women seeking counseling from family or professional, for professional counselors, and also for amateurs who respond in Relationship forum. : )

Been meaning to nominate the post since I read it, but just got around to it today.

6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana thanks for the appreciation ! If my perspective helps other women then I'd consider the money I spent on therapists as well spent :)!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
  7. Viswamitra

Vijiakka,

Thank you for your wishes and for letting me do the first nomination this month. :)

Viswa

Kamla and iyerviji like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear Rihana,

Thank you for nominating Marriage Counselling: Thumbs Up Or Down? Questions?, the response written by madras2018.

I am amazed by the level of details she has provided in her response. I often wonder how a counselor could resolve the issues faced by a person easily. Many times, I find it hard to study my mind myself leave alone articulating my emotions at length for someone to assimilate and provide solutions. She is very right in saying that the counselor can only facilitate the resolution and can't solve it. It is the patient who need to derive answers. Sometimes it involves challenging the person whether all the underlying assumptions regarding the emotions are correct.

I believe those sessions only bring all emotions to the surface by repeated inquiry (sometimes even emotions that were never considered as vital) and the resolution could be found only by the person concerned.

Viswa

maggi32, Rihana and madras2018 like this.
  9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

Thank you for nominating my thread ' JAyanthi- an Inspiring Woman', and truly all the honours goes to the Government who has brought out her inimitable service In to the limelight, by presenting her with an award. When the society still looks down upon those who do cremation, I would be happy if this attitude of the society changes in the future.

Agatha83

maggi32 and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

A little late in coming!

Here's wishing all those who are celebrating Gowri puja and Ganesh Chathurthi all the very best!
    May the Lord who is known to remove obstacles do away with all the Negatives in the world!

Ganpathi Bappa Moriya!

Attached Files:

maggi32, Amica, joylokhi and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.