Finest Posts - October 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear All,

With great respect to my mentor Cheeniya Sir, constant prayers for the speedy recovery and return of Cheeniya Sir, very high regards for this wonderful community and with humility, I take this opportunity to write this introduction, inviting nominations for the month of October 2016. I realize no one can write introduction as well as my mentor does! But when everyone here is anxiously waiting to read his wonderful responses here, I am confidence he would return to write his introductions as well as responses soon.

We are a day away from the month of October! It's beginning of Navarathri celebrations in India when girls and women are going to wear colorful outfits, stunning jewelries, decorate their houses with dolls neatly arranged in the steps placed prominently at home and invite guests to visit every evening. Back in the US, October festival will be celebrated and most importantly the month ends with the adults and children wearing wide variety of masks on the Halloween day. October 31st is reserved to scare everyone around. It is also time for the trees to change colors and get ready to prepare for the winter. With best wishes for each one of you to enjoy these upcoming festival days, I make a request to keep this Finest Posts forum vibrant and energetic with lots and lots of nomination activities.

Please don't hold your nominations back because Cheeniya Sir is not here. In fact, your nominations here and his urge to respond to each one of them will bring him here soon. I finish this introduction with loads of hopes that you all will bring in the best ones as nominations here!

Let's get the party started...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link: Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating Feedbacks, please remember to add a link to the feedback post and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the Feedback post that you are nominating:
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?"

Viswa

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Super write up Viswa dear about October Nominations.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Viswamitra likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear I am here this time first with my nomination. East or west home is the best . You must have understood whom I am mentioning. Its@Beautifullife30's Home Sweet Home

4. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

I have read @beautifullife30's Home Sweet Home immediately after it was posted. I can understand and relate with her feelings and emotions about home sweet home.

There is no other place which can give as much comfort as our own home and even I will go one step further that no bed can give a better sleep than our own bed. Doing our regular routine gives a lot more secured feeling even if it is exhausting.

Every time, I go to India, I feel very secured after returning home even though it is my mother country and I visit my mother or in-laws. Once we went on a cruise ship around Europe for 12 days to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Even though we enjoyed the trip thoroughly, all of us felt so relieved upon our arrival back home.

Being on the road is different despite staying in comfortable places.

Viswa

6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Thanks a lot for your nomination. I am glad you liked it! :)

7. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa sir,

I couldn't agree more. My experience taught me to cherish my home more. It made me realise the comfort and the security my home offers.
    I guess this is what makes our 'house' a 'home'!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Viswa Sir,
    I am bringing my first nomination for FP, October 2016, 'Adoption' snippet.
    Adoption
    It is a topic that is seldom discussed and there are lots of opinions regarding it.
    I liked it for that reason and for bringing in awareness.
    Thanks @Caide for the write up.
    Vaidehi

Caide likes this.
  9. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Thank you

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

@vaidehi71,

Thank you for nominating the post of Caide Adoption to the FP forum. @Caide, thank you for writing this wonderful post. Personally, I have written many posts on this subject in the parenting section and they all could be reached at CHECK HERE FIRST-Useful threads for adoption.

Becoming a parent is a proud feeling and parenting the child is equally a very fulfilling aspect of life. What difference does it make whether the child is biologically born or adopted? It takes consenting husband and wife to have a child and the same two of them is all it takes to adopt a child as well.

Those who think adoption would result in the child feeling indifferent after sometime or parents feeling that the child doesn't belong to us is either misinformed or require counseling. It is the warmth of parenting that ties the child to the mother and father forever. If two consenting adults could get married and love each other as one family, how is it different to love a child that is adopted? Aren't wife adopting the husband and vice versa in a marriage?

The science has proved time and again that more than gene, it is the environment that we provide to the child that makes the child fall in love with the parents and feel happy in life. It is the duty of every human being to welcome the children being adopted into families. The adoptive parents are as happy as biological parents with the exception of pregnancy.

Viswa

Caide and vaidehi71 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.