Finest Posts - October 2008 nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

AC dear,

Thanks for bringing a sensitive issue like "Adoption??" to the limelight by nominating it for the FP.

Anything to do with kids is very very close to our heart. And when it comes to a super sensitive topic like Adoption, it does make the thread all the more special.

There are some awesome FBs in this thread that provide a well balanced and all encompassing view of the topic.

Truly a must read!

Luv,
    SS

2. SoaringSpirit

When it rains, it pours! Well, this is what seems to be happening to Oviya's extraordinarily humorous piece "Whatever...Wherever...!".

I rushed to it last nite after seeing the flood of nominations for her post. And my, what a delight it was! Had a good laugh and went to bed smiling!

Simply superb humor! Oviya surely is the queen of comedies in IL. She totally excels in the humor writing department. Like I said about her masterpiece "Hey, me and Fey", the hallmark of her humor is that it is very natural. It is humor that is hidden in everyday incidents of life that most of us miss or simply overlook. Oviya brings out this everyday humor so well and makes us realize that indeed, there are many things that happen every day that one could laugh about!

Way to go Oviya! You did it one more time and in fact outdid yourself!

Luv,
    SS

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear SS,

Thank you so much. I am honored to read these words from you.

I really do not find words to thank all these lovely people who have nominated my post.

These are instances which let me know that I also have other emotions than just humor.

Thank you so much, again.

4. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi ,

i would like to nominate oviya's Whatever...Wherever...!

Excellently written.
    i njoyed every single line , she expressed her feelings so well ,along with homorous note ,its happy ending is a sigh of relive infact.......
    i wish she could win the finest post of the month.
    keep going oviya...
    :cheers
    shashi.

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Shashi,

Thanks so much for your words and nomination...

I'm deeply touched...

Thanks again...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I would like to nominate Malspie's piece Savvy!Lets ....Could be your experience".

She has given a hilarious account on travelling by the Mumbai Locals and presented us an unforgettable character... Savvy , the likes of whom many of us would have come across.These are those folks who believe they have to proclaim their ideas or opinions and give un solicited advice to all and sundry .
    The piece is a masterpiece in humorous writing and a thorough study of all meddlesome minds as exemplified by the character of Savvy .Enjoyed it .

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

I would like to nominate Sudha Narasimhachar's "Every moment is enriching " for the finest blog nomination for October. Is there a separate forum for finest blog nominations? Every Moment is Enriching! - IndusLadies
    Malathi

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathijagan,

When Sudha Narasimhachar writes, it will be a worthy read. Thanks for nominating her blog.
    BUT.... yes, there is a separate forum to nominate blogs and please post this nomination there. I have given the link below and thanks for the nominations.

Blog nomination for October:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blog-contests/36551-finest-blogs-il-october-2008-a.html

L, Kamla

9. SoaringSpirit

Dear Paulina,

Thanks for your nomination of Mals's hilarious narration about Savvy "Savvy! Lets.. Could be your experience".

Mals has an art to observe and notice such "characters" like Savvy and bring them to life by her splendid narration. Being a hardcore Mumbaiker myself, I could totally relate to the post.

Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Luv,
    SS

10. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/11767-savvy-lets-could-your-experience.html

I second this nomination. My first reason for the nomination is Malspie has kept the humour alive from start to finish. The second reason is, she has also posted an "Etiquette" lesson to all those who follow Savvy's behavioural pattern. Asking personal questions and discussing personal issues in public is not considered as 'good manners'. Anyone who has ben following such odd manners, may quickly refrain themselves with a head hung in shame!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.