Finest Posts - November 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@knbg

Thank you for nominating the post of @LakshmiKMBhat's Towards Zero. She has articulated exceedingly well about how we all travel towards zero. When we come into this world we begin our journey towards nothing and when we leave this world, we leave with nothing. If we don't gain knowledge and experience, we lack skills to travel towards constant bliss. The ground zero becomes uneventful only when we understand we are merely an instrument and not the doer. This thread provides invaluable spiritual lesson.

Viswa

maggi32, LakshmiKMBhat and knbg like this.
  2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sir. I remember that thread of beautifullife about vacation and it's one of my favorite as well.
    Good to know about your wife and I like your description of her.Yeah even for me talking about savings, retirement is a sensitive subject..Though I try being practical about it emotions get better of me. Wishing you years of happiness and togetherness.

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for your good words and blessings Sir,

In fact, we also thought that she would have kept it safe somewhere. That's why we looked through the entire house, but this one was hiding inside safely in one of those unused sarees. Glad that we managed to get it before the holiday season begins.

Indeed mom's love and care is very unique and special. Sadly I could not enjoy my times with mom when I was a teen. From the age of 12, I have been living in different cities in hostels or with relatives for studies.
    And then I had to move to different countries for work till I finally settled back in home after marriage.
    That's why I believe, God has given me an opportunity to re-live those lost days with my mom again.
    I am so thankful for this.

5. Viswamitra

@kaniths

Thank you for nominating @blackbeauty84's It's Al'right'. @blackbeauty84, I never had left/right confusion but faced it with many others when they were giving directions. When their hand was showing one direction, their words said something different. Like Bhargavi, I was a born left-hander who wrote, ate and played with left hand. When my mother converted me to a right-handed person, I had a lot of confusion. Seriously, I still always wonder how left hand is inauspicious when compared to right hand.

I had a little confusion between subtraction and division and addition and multiplication. Thanks to my brother, it was sorted out very quickly. When I first moved to the US, when people used double negative statements, I was really confused but understood after a friend clarified the usage in the US.

Viswa

knbg, maggi32 and kaniths like this.
  6. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Thank you

knbg likes this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

1.Does The Black Buck Stop Here?
    Balajee, Nov 9, 2016 .

2.Towards Zero
    by LakshmiKMBhat, Wednesday at 9:25 PM.
    3.My Mom's Lost Jewelry
    SGBV, Thursday at 10:38 AM

The above threeposts are being nominated for the finest post.
    1.Balaji's authentic statements on demonetization just stunned me.Responses are pouring in thousands and I am watching with wonder what to right.Almost all the poins have been covered.We have to wait and see.
    2.Lakshmi Bhat's snippets reveals the yahthartham in life.
    3.SGBV's narration of Lost Jewellery of MOm-I liked it a lot since I have personally experienced many such losses myself, some retrieved and some gone for ever,all the incidents teaching some lesson or the other.
    Here is a part of an extract from my snippet"LFC memories' dated may 2014
    "On one such trip to South, we stayed in Kanyakumari for a day and then started our trip to Thiruchendur.While on bus we were talking about the brilliance of the nose ring of Kanya kumari Amman and my MIL started narrating absorbing stories to my kids.

We got down from the bus,.
    While walking towards the Senthilaandavan choultry, I found out that one of my mookkuththis, - a single stone with 4 droplets was missing and the screw alone was sticking to the nose.After scolding for a few mts my husband said that it is a samarpanam to Kumari Amman.
    For me it was a rare possession,. As I was wearing one nose screw during my marriage and my DH ( not my MIL) insisted that I should wear two nose rings. As all of my sisters were wearing 2 nosestuds, I had no personal views, it was ok.Even before my nose got pierced, he got this nose ring for me.
    But when I joined office in 1965 I was the only lady among 200 women wearing 2 nose rings, I did not bother much.

We left my MIL and kids at the Choultry and came back to the Bus Stand within 10 mts and enquired the conductor whether we could search the bus. He informed that the bus was going to Thirunelveli and would return after 3 hrs during which time we could search the bus, as it will halt for a longer duration.

We went back to the choultry, took bath. Half heartedly went to the temple with my mind thinking about the lost jewel costing about Rs 800 even in those days. My MIL never opened her mouth and was explaining about Soora samharam to children.At about 11 A. M. DH and myself went to the Bus Stand.The same bus arrived within 10 mts. Around 50 to 60 passengers got down. Conductor permitted us to make a search.
    I need not say how a bus with passengers on and off would look like.
    We purchased a broom stick, a small brush and a small plasic bucket.
    I started sweeping the bus, which I have never done in public places. It seemed that the bus had not been cleaned for months. There were pieces of news papers, biscuit bits, pieces of bits of cloth with vomittings and faecal matter of small children, banana peels, groundnut skins, chacolate wrappers.- so many nauseating things.

I had the satisfaction of cleaning the bus. Our purpose was not served. " Ithuthaan Senthil Kumaran's Will" my husband consoled me. Whie we were getting down , I saw we have left over a torn piece of half slipper behind a metallic pillar constructed for the support of standing passengers.. My husband asked me to throw away the slipper too so that the bus will be totally clean. My husband took the slipper and turned it over accidentally.He simply shouted" Look here". The nose screw with all the four diamond droplets were shining , sticking to the undulated surface of the torn slipper amidst the muddy particles.
    Evidently the passenger had left the slipper since it was torn.The small stones had stuck to the bottom and it prevented being seen by others or being thrown into mud by other passengers unknowingly.
    It was a great miracle. The bus would have loaded and unloaded so many passengers and luggages within 4 hrs and that there was every possibility for the tiny jewel to be lost anywhere.

We felt very happy. The conductor refused to take any money from us. When we said " Arunthu pona serppu kooda aabaththukku udhavugrathu" ( Even a torn slipper
    helps in crisis) the conductor immediately corrected us saying " This is not Arunthu pona Seruppu. This Is Arumaga kavacham "

We were stunned by his remarks.

The conductor stood very tall compared to my grumbling over the lost jewel.

Jayasala 42

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Thank you Smt. Jayasala for nominating the threads of Balajee, LakshmiKMBHat and SGBV. These threads were nominated earlier by @Rihana, @Sparkle and @knbg. What a real life incident you shared here about losing and getting back your Mookkuthi! I am glad your husband had the presence of mind (whether it is accidental or not) to look under the slippers.

Viswa

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you for the nomination kaniths :)

10. blackbeauty84

Left hander told to use right hand is quite common I guess. Thanks for the feedback sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.