Finest Posts Nominations - March 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    When I was in my elementary School, my teacher taught us how to find out the number of days for each month of the year. It was a lady teacher as men were reluctant to manage a class of toddlers! Even at home, children were managed more by the housewife than by the house husband! Coming to the calendar study, she taught us to fold our hands and start counting the months from the first knuckle. All the months that occupied the knuckle had 31 days, she would say. The depressions had 30 days except for the odd month of February. For us, March was the most hated month because of the examination fever while October, the other privileged month, to occupy the middle knuckle that would be a joyful month of festivities. Over seven decades have passed by since then and I continue to find out how many days every new month has by this method only. If anyone notices me in this act, I start drumming on the folded fingers.

Last year, we had just 18 nominations in March. The reason is not far to seek. Women will be busy giving finishing touches to their kids’ preparation for exam. Men will be busy stacking away their hard earned money and protecting them from the tax eagles. The Government has announced that all those who have an annual income of over Rs.10 crores will get a visit from the sleuths called CBI! It’s a pity though that I’ll be never get a chance to host them!

As a diversion from all your tax planning, take time to relax by reading and nominating your favourite posts. I’ll be eagerly waiting for them with my buddy satchitananda.
    Sri
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link tothe FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

vjbunny, GoogleGlass, Srama and 2 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear CS,

I could not help visualizing the scene vividly. Am sitting in the teachers' room and am drumming on the keyboard and am here because the official site is down. You made me laugh loudly and just then another teacher walked in. Oh well! :) 'A happy loony', he must have thought.

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I second what CS has said. I must absolutely apologize for my absence from the scene over the past couple of weeks. No real excuse, except viral fever, exam fever (corrections and such like - which probably led to the fever??? :p). Have not had occasion for a conversation with the BH over the last two days. We do not see each other even though we occupy the same space. The coming month should be saner. But that won't last long. April will bring the next round of exams again. Every month which has 28, 29 or 30 days seems to be an examination month.

kaniths likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

There are still teachers using this method sir, including me. Just that we have moved on a little more and customized them to call the knuckles and spaces as mountains and valleys.
    I can only hope that my students will remember me like you do :) Incidentally, it was my dad who taught me this method and every time I pass it on, I think of him fondly.

SunPa and satchitananda like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna nice to see you here with the awesome announcement

My dear Anna and Satchi

Here is my first nomination which is @periamma's Father

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji Viji what a surprise in the morning?Thanks for nominating my post

7. iyerviji

satchitananda and Agatha83 like this.
  8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

It's just not Cheeniya's Knuckleberry Fin(ger)(n) story, ours too :):):)

9. iyerviji

satchitananda, Srama and shravs3 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Viji aunty !!

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.