Finest Posts - Nominations For January 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Cheeniya sir @Cheeniya
    Wish you a very happy new year. Thank you so much. I am going to be more frequent than past two month. Thank you so much for bringing Kalam Sir’s quote as this is one of my favourite which I repeat to boys.
    With love
    Vani

Cheeniya likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My pleasure dear. New year first day was good but on 3rd had a fall , was not able to sit,pain was there on that day. Next day took heat theraphy treatment and applied Omnigel.now I am better

Happy New year to you and your family

girvani likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2020
    Agatha83 likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @Agatha83 's Conditional Marriages- A Repost
    This thread was posted by her in November2015 and nominated by @Viswamitra in December. This did not win the Finest Post because another post of hers Stiff neck ,also proposed by Viswa, won the Finest Post.
    I have no idea why this was reposted when it could have been revived with a simple FB.
    Of course, this post is good enough to read and enjoy for a second time. I am a lover of Agatha's narrative style.
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I never knew that there was another way of reviving an old snippet. Thank you very much for enlightening me about this issue. I am literally on cloud nine- you being my FAN. Thank you Sirji!
    Regards,
    Agatha83

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viji for nominating my snippet, one which was posted 5 years back So it’s not eligible for nomination. I couldn’t write any thing new with my rusted brain refusing to wake up. Let’s see whether this 2020 does some magic on my writing prowess.

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

@iyerviji
    I always enjoyed your posts and I was very hesitant and thought several times before writing my thoughts. Thank you. I am SO glad you viewed it in the spirit that I wrote.

Sometimes, I was criticized for my different take on this IL site. When many ILs look at things from one way, I do look at it from different perspective. I try to look for things that were not told. I also try to be the voice for the ones not represented on the post. I also try to question when an OPs story changes to ILs comments. Then I do question.

We tend to use quick and largely unconscious rules-of-thumb to determine what we should believe—and these shortcuts sometimes steer us to believe what we read.

Whether we like it or not, all of us can be powerfully swayed by emotions. We'd like to think that our feelings are driven by logic and reason. Unfortunately, this relationship is often reversed. Sometimes we end up using our reasoning ability to justify or defend a conclusion that we’ve already drawn based on our emotions. Once we have a belief, we tend to cling to it.

I genuinely desire to accurately understand the facts and respond.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

My pleasure. You have written better than my post. Glad you enjoy my posts
    Thanks.

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @Topaz49 's response in your thread Everyone Is Special In Their Own Way
    While thanking you for your nomination of her post, Topaz has said:
    This is a very fair way of looking at what others say before we open out with our responses. A good deal of heartburn in the community is because of a lack of perspective.
    In her response to @messedup Topaz has stated
    How true! We would not have had greats like Tendulkar or Viswanathan Anand if their parents had not known this vital truth!
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.