Finest Posts - Nominations For January 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

DEar Kamala and stayblessed,

Thanks for nominating RGS's thread. Coming as it does at the beginning of a new year and filled as it is with positivity, it does give hope. Yes, it is not seldom that we meet good people, but we are so shocked and traumatized by the wickedness in the world, that we are always surprised when we meet them. It is such a wonderful feeling when one meets somebody who restores one's faith in humanity!

rgsrinivasan, stayblessed and kkrish like this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir and Satchi,

I love the way @Laks09 , takes time to explain. She is an asset to our forum and a good friend and a person! This
    is such a practical advise in the post. She starts of with that and goes on to elaborate in the next post.

I am here to nominate @Laks09's post Relationship Hijack And Banter

Kudos to her forfor keep perspective and offering practical advise!

Grateful for people like her :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    satchitananda and Laks09 like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Srama - Thank you for the nomination. It’s an honor to be mentioned here by you.
    Thank you also for all the wonderful things you have penned about me! It made my day!

Actually, all the things on that post are things mentioned by smart finance savvy ILites over the years I’ve been around. @Shanvy and @Rihana have probably mentioned all things finance related (between India & US) in threads here and there. Some of the stuff mentioned there are from a friend and financial planner who guides us. I don’t think I’ve made any of those inferences by myself. I just collated all of those different thoughts and noted it down in a post. I hope it helps anyone looking for some starting point.

Edited to add: No, I usually don’t remember ANYTHING. For whatever reason things that are written in threads here stick. I remember so much from conversations about important things here.

satchitananda and Srama like this.
  5. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Amica, for nominating this post here. Came as a pleasant surprise you know? :) -rgs

Amica likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amica
    Dear Amica
    Thank you for your nomination of rgsrini's poem Gift!
    Gift! is yet another proof of what a gifted writer rgsrini is!
    He excells as much in poetry as in prose. He has a unique style that makes him a unique writer. His subjects are sofe, at times even naughty!
    That's very sane advice!
    Sri

Amica and rgsrinivasan like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Laks09 's post number 435 in Relationship Hijack And Banter started by Rihana
    We have a huge TV in the drawing room. It's switched on for most of the time. To watch what? Share prices! My son-in-law would not allow us to watch anything else on that TV. When any of us wants to watch a soap, he drives us to the bed room where we have a small TV in which humans look as small as rats!
    In spite of having been a Bank officer in my career days, I understand very little of all the jargons about Share Market. Further Share prices fly so fast on the TV screen, my only active eye cries 'Take me to a Serial where nothing moves at all for ages!'
    The post by Laks is well articulated. I particularly liked her take on cars and houses.
    My grand daughter's tuition teacher has two of them, a Benz and an Audi! She is the most expensive teacher in town. She is the one that came to my mind when Laks mentioned about splurging.
    I know your brows are all knitted wondeing why I am writing all this. What else can I write when the subject of Finance is archaic Greek to me!
    Sri

Laks09 and Srama like this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Cheeniya sir for your nice feedback. This post is one of those that I wrote to myself to come out of the blaming game. Happy to see it being recognized and even nominated. Thanks again to @Amica. -rgs

Amica likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

You are not alone sir when it comes to that TV! I have no idea what comes on which channel and find myself rarely in front of that box. It is on for markets purpose in the morning and in the evening only because of DH's line of work! Phew!!
    The way @Laks09 has articulated is what appealed to me also! Even if Finance is as archaic as Greek to you, you do know how to sieve out the crux :) That makes all the difference.

Talking of cars, Suze orman the finance guru that Laks also mentions that if you have more than 5 pairs of shoes in your closet, you are not doing something right! I do check mine every now and then and always make it a point to separate winter and summer pairs when I count. Five per season is the rule!!

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.