Finest Posts - Nominations For December 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Smart way to second nominations without exhausting the quota. Keep educating me more.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Sermon On The Day Of Vaikunth Ekadashi
    HariLakhera,is
    My second nomination.It speaks of the anxieties and agonies of the budding writers and the artificiality of 'likes' and 'views' of the group postings.
    Nice to read because many writers are sailing on the same boat.
    jayasala-42

jskls, kaniths and Viswamitra like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 mam thank you for nominating my snippet. Making it here in itself is a recognition and Thank you

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 @jskls
    Dear jayasala
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of Birds-eye View by jskls
    When I started reading the post I saw jskls as a budding Salim Ali, India's ace ornithologist. When I read all those birds' names, I knew I would not be able to recognise them even from an arm's length. The only birds that I can recognise are crows and pigions which make annoying guttural noise.
    When I started reading the following paras, I felt a shudder run through my ample body. I am not an adventurous guy and I used to think twice before jumping from the fourth step of my staircase even as a young boy. I am more like Mr.Bean
    A chilling experience beautifully narrated the warmth of which made me overcome the feeling of chill.
    I knew that you were the toughest of our age group and you have now proved it!
    Sri

jskls and Viswamitra like this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Cheeniya sir for the appreciation

6. Cheeniya

@jayasala42 @HariLakhera
    Dear jayasala
    Thank you for your nomination of HariLakhera's Sermon On The Day Of Vaikunth Ekadashi
    He has been very eloquent in voicing the anguish of a writer suffering Writer's Block. Being a victim myself I well understand his anguish.
    One correction though. Hari may be new to IL but he is not a buding writer. He has been writing for nearly a decade in his personal blog site for nearly a decade and has written over 280 blogs. His choice of topics covers a wide spectrum indeed.
    I truly enjoyed this blog and I have already given my comments in the OP itself
    Sri

7. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

+1
    Liked reading Hariji’s this snippet as well.
    The Car That Was Not Mine

HariLakhera likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mam,
    Many thanks for nominating my snippet. I am happy that the views have been sportingly appreciated. IL is primarily for ladies and it is good that it has allowed male members too. I may not be in a position to comment on various topics which are essentially women related but it gives an inking about their point of view. The experience is enriching.

9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Cheeniya,
    I am so happy that you visited my blog. Yes I have been giving words to my feelings and opinions on various subjects and posting in groups and Facebook and separately in my own blog. It is for self satisfaction. I have not tried to popularize my blog not that I don't want to but I am not good at it. Besides who has time to spend on my 'creative' instincts..

10. Cheeniya

@Greenbay @HariLakhera
    Dear Greenbay
    Thank you for your nomination of Hari's The Car That Was Not Mine
    It was as jolly good a ride as watching the movie 'Cars'. It brought my own memories of the faithful cars I had from the sixties the first being a Fiat (MSR 763). I truly enjoy the choice of subjects and the style of writing of Hari.
    Sri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.