Finest Posts - Nominations For December 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am here to nominate @Amulet's Amulet's Coffee. This snippet contains not only mouthwatering description of the process of making coffee but also provides a list of best coffees from various regions in the world. It is a must read especially for those men and women who would like to daydream about such wonderful coffee making process.

Viswa

kkrish and Amica like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @GeetaKashyap and @iyerviji maa for the nomination.
    True that. Thanks Cheeniya sir

kkrish and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

jskls likes this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Shravs

shravs3 likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amulet @Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of Amulet's Amulet's Coffee
    I must say it is a very comprehensive coffee tale. Coffee addicts will go any length for a good cup of coffee. I don't know how but Kumbakonam coffee has become the ultimate now. The southern highways are full of shops selling Kumbakonam coffee in brass cups (tumblers). Being a jobless man, I googled for the famous coffee addicts of the world and landed this.
    How can we make coffee addicts turn into coffee haters? Make them drink a cup of coffee from coffee vendors in trains!
    Immediately after reading this post by Amulet, I asked my wife to make a tumbler of steaming 'filter coffee'
    Loved reading this post.
    Sri

kkrish, Viswamitra and Amulet like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thank you both. Coffee has a lot of meaning in the lives of people. Coffee with a Bollywood film producer's scion is a television show where they assemble celebrities to talk about everything but coffee. Meeting for coffee, going out for coffee, are phrases that mean something about a serious, and sedate social interaction, in contrast to meeting for a beer, or going out for a drink. Tea, had unfortunately acquired an association with dainty finger sandwiches, and deemed downright sissy.... with all the pejoratives associated with that stereotype. We need strong Lorry-Driver types take up that high-tea habit to work on breaking that stereotype down.

I would likely add stories to that thread when I am reminded of things that ought to belong there.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My second nomination for the month is this post by @Tamrakshar: School Admission: What A Battle

The travails of school admission and the hoops that parents, child, and older siblings jump through are well-narrated. Attention to detail and an undertone of humor make it a delightful read.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Thank you for your nomination of @Tamrakshar 's School Admission: What A Battle
    A very well narrated tale of woe and distress! As they say, all is well that ends well and I feel more relieved than Tamrakshar himself. That was the power of his narration. I understand that in some premium schools, the parents register for admission as soon as the child is conceived! The worst affected are the guys in a trasferable job. They have to undergo the harrowing expression every two or three years.

kkrish, Rihana and Tamrakshar like this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Getting appreciation from Cheeniya Saab and Rihana is not not an easy thing. I feel really honoured! Thank you!

Rihana likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.