Finest Posts - Nominations For December 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

December! The coolest, gayest and the most colourful month of the year is here! In an old Tamil film song, the hero compares his beloved to Spring (Season), Painting (Arts), December (Month), Jasmine (Flower) and so on. Nobody is crazier than guys in love, I tell you! I have quoted this song to highlight the charm of December. In this part of the country, December is famous for Classical Music festivals that lure music lovers from all over the world. Early mornings reverberate with the sound of devotional music. Colourful Christmas Stars add great charm to the houses. Star Hotels start advertising New Year eve dinners at mindboggling prices going up to Rs.10000 (unlimited food and drinks) per couple. Believers throng the places of worship at the break of New Year.

With all these distractions, please do not forget to nominate your favourite posts. It’s one way of wishing your favourite writers a great New Year!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Rihana and Lalithambigai like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Awesome post as always. Yes December is special for Indians andf foreigners. Children wait anxiously for Christmas because they get lively gifts from Santa Clause. Music lovers enjoy the music season.

My first nomination is @Reesha'Why Not Heart Full Conversations...?

kaniths and Lalithambigai like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya Sir,

This morning has begun with a lot of positivism reaffirming that the world is (still) a good place!

I wish to nominate @Laks09 for starting this new thread, How Do I Help A Resentful Lady?, that makes us pause, introspect and deal with some of our own outstanding dilemmas and be thankful for all the good things in our life.

Although all the ladies have presented excellent insights into the issues raised by @Laks09, I was particularly touched by @Gauri03's words of wisdom How Do I Help A Resentful Lady?. This is my second nomination.

Laks09, Cheeniya, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Geeta!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for yours as well as the month's first nomination.
    @Reesha 's Why Not Heart Full Conversations...? is a gripping question that has haunted millions of women for generations. This was never viewed as an issue decades back when the women were mostly confined to the kitchen. Reesha's post reminded me of the classic novel 'Eleven Minutes' by Paulo Coello. Feeling of togetherness is a strange thing. It can be totally absent when the pair is physically together. It can be strongly present when the couple lives miles apart. And again the married life keeps changing in focus as the years role by. The problem is we start our married life with lots of expectations and when they don't come true, we tend to get shattered. But time is a great healer particularly in married life.
    Sri

satchitananda likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My first nomination for December 2018 is @teenulahari 's enchanting trip down memory lane.
    Lucky Dip-a Revenge Story

I found it very relaxing to read this snippet from her life.

I am finding that lately, IL has mostly serious posts. So it was like discovering an oasis in the desert for the parched traveler to find a lighthearted and amusing post.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much, Vijima. I am blessed to receive your love.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Geetha! I just read the latest set of responses and am processing them. So much so that I wish I had posted sooner.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

OMG:smile: thank you so much @kkrish for the nomination.
    Love
    Teenu;)

kkrish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.