Finest Posts Nominations - February 2012

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,

My nominations for the first time..
    1. Satchi's A Story of a Valentine's Day And A Few Days That Followed ,
    as a small tribute to the wonderful lesson, inspiration and will power she has..
    2. Mimur's My Moonlight dinners
    I thoroughly enjoyed her nostalgia and she also made me cherish some of the best moments I have spent with my parents..
    3. Vijima's simple but immensely profound thought- The relation with our mother is 9 months more

4. Like the squirrels did a small act of carrying sand while Rama was building the bridge to Lanka, this is a small act to express my gratitude for giving us the opportunity to read Oh My God (Episode 6)

I wish I had more!!

1 person likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much for your nomination of my thread . You have made my day by your nomination. God bless you

After July 2011 this month has 101 replies. I think there is going to be a tough competition and difficult for the judges to select the winner as except my post all the write ups are excellent and those who have nominated have done a very good job. Three cheers to them

3. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir,
    You have elaborated beautifully on the posts that I had nominated. These threads moved me so much emotionally that I was at a loss for words for justifying their nominations. Thank you Sir, you have done my work for me. :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

@Satchi dear,
    My nomination is the tail piece of the long list of nominations that poured in for your thread. :) Hoping to see you back here soon.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear EverHappy
    Whether Satchi is overwhelmed or not, I AM overwhelmed by this deluge of nominations of her http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/159949-story-valentines-day-few-days.html
    And why not? You do not get to see everyday someone who goes about her routine without a care in the world while a surgeon's scalpel probes her innards! I wonder if she even told her surgeon to hurry up as she can't wait to share this with her fellow ILites.

Mimur actually made me shed a tear at the sweet recollection of my mum's serene and loving countenance with her http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/125201-my-moonlight-dinners.html
    God has blessed us with a memory only to be able to recollect such sweet moments of life and not to harbour hatred and ill-will.

Viji's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...tion/159587-relation-our-mother-9-months.html is a testimony to the fact that if Gandhiji is Father of the Nation, she is the Mother of ILites. Her maternal compassion oozes out of every word she writes. I am also amazed at the relevance of her quotes to whatever she writes.

Whenever I think of Varalotti Sridhar, I can't help thinking 'Oh My God!' can a man be ever so multifaceted. His pen must be a veritable 'Akshaya Paatra' to be able to churn out heart warming stories and spiritually uplifting messages endlessly. I can only compare him with one of my all time favourite writer Sujatha. The range of subjects that he can cover is limitless. His http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/56329-oh-my-god-episode-6-a.html is yet another proof of his prowess as a writer. IL is lucky to have him as one of the pioneer contributors.

Thank you for all the four awesome nominations EverHappy. Your happiness is infectious indeed!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  5. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Wow Sri sir,
    Your response to my nomination itself can go for a nomination in its own capacity.
    Indeed we are all blessed to be amongst people who spread love so much to bring tears of joy.
    So much so that vijima despite writing such beautiful snippets in such simple language says all posts except hers are deserving winners.

I'm rendered speechless.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Your reply to Everhappy itself is an award for me. You made my day by your reply and I dont know whether I am worthy of it

My dear Everhappy

Thanks dear dont know what to say

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I too extend my support to Satchi's A Story of a Valentine's Day And A Few Days That Followed such a boost it is. A day prior to her surgery during our chats was casually mentioning in the lighter manner that if Satchi is provided a system in the hand, she will be lost into the snippets world and no aneasthesia is required...and was so surprised to see her posts so soon in IL. Patient's confidence, co-opration and will power is also very much needed for recovery. God has blessed her with lots of confidence and will power which is also reflecting in her thread and in her participation.

Dear Kotravai, Everhappy, thank you so much for nominating 'My Moonlight Dinners'. Its been quite sometime since I had been to my maika due to personal responsibilities and these are the chersihed moments which keep me energetic though I miss my parents a lot. The response with each of you sharing your nostalgic moments too has boosted the thread more. Thanks for your support.

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Dear mimur
    Thanks a lot for joining the enthusiastic group that has made Satchi a Role Model. And that she would require no anesthesia for her surgery would make her only the second of that kind with Sri Ramana Maharshi being the first with this difference that Sri Ramana relied on his great spiritual power for this and our Satchi on her laptop. God has indeed blessed her with all the attributes necessary to think nothing of her problems. And we are indeed the ultimate beneficiary of this blessing.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear All,
    What an exciting month February 2012 has been! So many nominations and each of them a gem indeed!
    But nomination thread for February 20121 is now closed.
    Please bring your fresh nominations to March 2012 Nomination thread.
    Thank you.
    Sri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.