Finest Posts Nominations - August 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the nomination Lakshmi. Loved the discussion on this topic, especially at a time when people love to shout out from the roof tops about what they give whom just to feel good about themselves. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to hear such stuff.

Viswamitra and jskls like this.
  2. satchitananda

Very interesting thread, Rihana. So agree with peartree's posts. How we present facts to a kid are of utmost importance. I was reminded of two incidents in my childhood. I have mentioned one about how I got convinced about vegetarianism at the age of 4 or 5. My mom (in the way of vegetarians in that era) said it was yucky. I promptly asked why the neighbours ate yucky food. She realized her gaffe immediately and corrected it to another explanation which has left an indelible mark even today.

As for 'grazing cows', I believe my bil kept asking fil for his cow rather than go to school!!! My dad told me that if I failed thrice in class I would be made the teacher of that class. I asked him if he had failed in Std III thrice because before he started working formally, he used to teach in Std. III in a nearby school. :)

Of course, it is important not only in order to prevent foot in mouth issues, but also to inculcate one's desired values in a kid without running down someone else.

This thread and all the responses were indeed enlightening and led one to rethink many ideologies one has held blindly by virtue of sheer indoctrination.

SinghManisha, Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana you are too kind.

My nomination goes to @SunPa 's "the Art Of Giving" Ramblings

The difference between "enna kodukkalam" and "enna seyyalam" is so huge even though it may result in the same action. Beautiful post.

jskls, satchitananda and Viswamitra like this.
  4. satchitananda

Thanks for seconding this nomination, peartree. :) It is indeed a very worthy post.

5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My first two nominations for this month, late as they are,

1. Unspoken Language by @Viswamitra An absorbing write up about a fascinating subject -- nonverbal communication. His write up has engendered a lively discussion leading to the sharing of a few humorous anecdotes by the author and other participants.

2. Mental Health: Coping with Lows by @GeetaKashyap One only need glance at Geeta's snippet to see the effort she has put into compiling a handy guide for coping with everyday ups and downs. Her research and presentation are impeccable.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Gauri03,

Thank you for considering my thread worthy of nomination here. Interaction with fellow ILites is such a pleasure because of the gripping and invaluable responses they write to the snippets.

Viswa

Gauri03, GeetaKashyap and Laks09 like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Gauri. You made my day.

Gauri03 likes this.
  8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

9. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

satchitananda and DDream like this.
Thread Status: