Finest Posts Nominations - August 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for pointing this out @Cheeniya Ji :)
    Sorry @satchitananda ! I totally endorse the gender neutral sat-chit-ananda-ing.

Speaking of genders I often wonder how many men are having anand posing as a Indus lady on this forum . Then I came across this post that I want to nominate for August
    Do Performance Enhancers Help?

I would like to nominate @Goodtime and @MounicaSharma for enhancing the sleaze factor of this forum. Taking it up several notches.
    Specially Goodtime. He unabashedly retains his gender and intention in his profile name.

As a mother of two boys some hard life lessons I learnt from him in raising them.
    A) keep men gainfully employed .
    B) Do not kiss and tell. What you did for 10 years or 10 years ago, how many times . No one cares. Do not be trashy
    C) As a mother I will do what my grandmother did in rural Punjab to bad boys. Take the jutti and get the dust from it off the boy’s back. Instills respect for women automatically.

Thank you :)

kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the nomination Vijima! Shall respond directly in the thread.

iyerviji and ILoveTulips like this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Manisha for bringing this post to the forum. Never a wiser word uttered. I totally agree with Shreema86 - there is no perfect relationship. Like it, lump it or stay out of it. As for live-in relationships, I still don't see how it is any different from any marriage, in that there are emotions and vulnerabilities involved, except that one need not be bothered by the IL factor. That is the only difference as far as I can see. It is not so easy to just walk out of a relationship without feelings of hurt or betrayal. Sure, no papers, no jhamela of that kind.

SinghManisha likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Thanks for the nomination stayblessed and may you stay specially blessed for this one. :) It made for such a delightful read, but then what else can you expect when it is penned by Agatha:)

stayblessed likes this.
  5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima, didn't know about this nomination until Satchi mentioned in my thread. Thank you so much for your kindness :)

Viswamitra and iyerviji like this.
  6. satchitananda

Thanks for the nomination, Shravs. A truly informative post which I am sure will be of great help to many of us during our darkest moments.

GeetaKashyap and shravs3 like this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks for pointing out the post Manisha. Such threads certainly do not make their way to the list of nominated posts. We endeavour to keep this site as clean as possible. We do not want such an information overload concerning the extremely private lives of our members.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    SinghManisha likes this.
  8. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

The nomination was a joke :) Sorry !
    I was rather taken aback to read the exchange between them. Most of us prefer mother in law complaints to this :)

satchitananda likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi,
    I would like to nominate @SunPa s The art of Giving. She has beautifully shared some valuable thoughts that has evoked wonderful responses too. Loved her art of writing;)

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'd like to nominate these three posts by @peartree
    Do Kids Birthday Parties Create Comparison?

"Teach her [child] to be proud of her own upbringing and also to be respectful of others' choices. "
    "I think the definition of austerity itself varies from one to another. "

Observations such as the above, and the examples of Food Network showing chicken legs, and example of Radhakrishnan mama who supplied milk and "is grazing cows only for unsuccessful people" made me want to :worship2: to peartree and say, "Raise me." :blush:

Couldn't pick one post so nominating all three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.