Finest Post - May 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton kaniths for nominating this post. So good to see you after ages.

kaniths likes this.
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Should a Finest Contributor be linked to a specific instance like a post in Finest Narration?

I want to nominate her for her cumulative contributions, as in participation, as in effort, for this month.

I realise you need a post to index the nominations, feel free to use that quoted post. I don't want to start off another isn't Finest Contributor identified with popular and broad participation of the month rather than a specimen which makes sense only for Finest Narration.

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Just because I said that Rihana is unbeatable does not mean she can avoid fierce ...mind ...fierce and chatty competition.

Our next poster is adorable, she is chitty chitty chatty chatty. You can neither catch up with her chat nor her skittishness. She may be on the sidelines but tell me one enterprise except Ram Gopal Varma films which foreclosed on comedic angle. I am biased! I like such personalities. Flitting and floating while chewing on rotis and halwas and ensuring that her bunned hair in the avatar is trimmed and well-cared. Mind you, she is probably the only one who has a Tarla Dalal for her neighbour. This Madhur Jafra and Tarla Dalal pair can take over the entire thread with their double-act yet she flurries around nimbling quietly only intercepting and breaking out in jokes.

Finest Contributors need not accomplish great feats or splash on the forefront or write treatises or intimidate with their formidable stint. But they should charm you! She is mousy (in her avatar pic) but she is gritty and consistently humorously in all her interactions. The coalescence of genes and disposition and cultivation is a must to effortlessly distil fun in our experiences but few are natural that you wonder if there was a way to harvest such natural bubbliness from her and inject into oneself.

I might be the only poster whose nomination exceeds the original post. Hey, though it took me ten minutes to type out I only took two minutes of your time to read this nomination of @maggi32 as the Finest Contributor of the Month. Should a nominated contributor be marked down to specific instances of their posting? I don't know. In that case, I would like to nominate her for her goofy and lively and scrunchy contributions in Lunch Ideas thread. As I stated, she sweetens the interactions in that thread (and also elsewhere) with her happy-go-neighbour tweets.

We need more people like her to make this world a little more laughable.

Doree, maggi32, Anisu and 2 others like this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

My bad! It is Finest Post and Finest Narration in the opening post. Hehe! I was sleepy. I thought it was Finest Contributor and Finest Narration.

In Rihana's case, for Finest Post, consider my quoted post.
    In Maggi's case, for Finest Post, consider her most recent post.

Sorry, I don't know why I got confused thinking there was Contribution/Contributor as a category. Both my nominations are for Finest Posts and not Finest Narrations.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks Iravati. Consider that done!

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

nominate @Rihana s reply in
    Middle School Education In The Us
    The post is such an enlightening and informative one.It helps us learn so many things about Middle School education in US.
    I was so much fascinated by all the responses in this aspect that I have forwrded the entire set to my son and DIL.My grandson is in 7th in US.My DIL has conveyed her appreciations for a thorough coverage in the subject.

Jayasala 42

Amica, Rihana and satchitananda like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks KKrish and Kaniths for nominating my thread on South Indian Mamas and mamis.

Jayasala 42

8. satchitananda

Thanks for nominating the post JS Ma'am. This is a really very well written, informative post.

Rihana likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Jayasala Ma'am. What goes around indeed comes around.In more ways than one. To think of you reading that thread and then forwarding to someone in the US.

The other way the 'comes around' happens: a while ago in a response to somebody's snippet, you made a profound observation - parents blame themselves too much or take too much credit for the outcome of bringing up a child. You gave examples from your relatives and friends. I've since often held on to the thought that parents can blame themselves too much. Some things are outside their control. Many times I searched for the post, couldn't locate it.

Indeed, we all learn from the experiences of others.

Amica and satchitananda like this.
  10. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

satchitananda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.