Finest Post - May 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yay Gauri! So good to see you here. Thanks for nominating these three posts. Now is my opportunity to go into the education forum and to learn more about the US system.

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03
    Nice to see you nominating Gauri. I have seen you only as a Winner here during my time and not as a Nominator!

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Three? Is one of them ineligible? :confundio1:

4. satchitananda

Sorry, Amica. See? I can't count to '4'. :p That's why I still have nightmares about 12th standard exams and I don't even have the textbooks for physics, chem and maths!!! They were my bogey subjects.

kkrish likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Et tu Sats? At least you went thru 12th standard. My nightmares are at the 5th standard level!
    Now I know why we are good friends! Always wondered what it was. Mystery solved!

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Amica and satchitananda like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sats!
    I came here to nominate my fourth and final piece for this month.
    It is the delightfully written South Indian Mamas And Mamis-past And Present by @jayasala42 maami.

She is on par with @Cheeniya sir when it comes to narrating yesteryear day-to-day lifestyle in their trademark easy to read, humor entwined, and impeccable writing styles.

Amica, vaidehi71 and satchitananda like this.
  7. satchitananda

Dear Kamala,

I was just waiting for this snippet to be nominated. I totally agree with you about the inimitable writing style. It was indeed a word picture allowing one to virtually watch the scene from a fly on the wall position. :) Thanks a lot for the nomination.

kkrish likes this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I have to hand it to her: not that it matters. I am thrilled: that should also not matter. After Ansuya declared “English Matters”, Rihana went a step or two further to ordain “Education Matters”. She's assertive, she's witty, she is comforting, and she has a supersonic pace in the threads. She gave the plug to all the US educational threads. At one point she defied the very essence of a side-tracked conversation about brutal and selfish self-advancement induced in kids by dispensing graciously all the tricks and tantrums of the parenting trade. Elaborate responses, structured analysis and loads of helpful links ...how am I supposed to pick a post to nominate.

I nominate @Rihana as the Finest Contributor of the month and pick this gig of imitating a reprieve from the camera by talking to the audience directly and breaking the fourth wall.

Everyone who has scanned the thread might have felt above jitters but only she captured the anxiety in a group selfie and uploaded that expression. If a child from this IL camp makes it to Stanford or MIT, I am sure Rihana will guest feature in that valedictorian speech as her mom's virtual and secret guardian.

She deserves it undoubtedly and unbeatable this time for her distributed enterprise.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Amica, Rihana, iyerviji and 2 others like this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi Iravati, good to see a nomination. Only I am a bit confused, sleepy as I am like that monkey on that tree. I don't see a link to the nominated thread/post. So do I take it that you have nominated the post which you have quoted?

10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

+1. Such a delightful read, absolutely loved it! Especially this quoted bits much more! So like my athais, chithis, endha mami andha mami every Mamis I might know, wonderfully captured.
    Finest narrative nomination ofcourse. :)

Amica and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.