Finest Post - May 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Uh-oh Shanvy. Don't get upset. Nominating it here does not hurt anybody. And @Iravati, teacherji has issued orders to report immediately to class with your homework!:rage:

Shanvy likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Same reason why someone who wins competes again in Olympics (or for that matter in most places ) after 4 yrs. :) .Winners are not always precluded from competing.
    Yes I know this is not sports ..this is writing. There are newer IL members each month and fresh content in very long running threads which makes it tricky...can newer posts from an older thread which has already won be nominated?

I am ok with either approach. Just wanted to know the rules
    Is it admissible ?
    - If yes things can work just the way they are. Each time we have a fresh batch of IL members who adore an existing thread or there is new content and it deserves a re-nomination we can do it.
    - If not we need a way to mark a thread as a winner with a badge or a star. Its a daunting task to go through a complete list...which is what I was trying to do with Shans thread.

No marketing old-thread to increase traffic was not the intent.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    GoneGirl, Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I am nominating Shanvys thread Lunch ideas for Finest Posts.
    Not just the thread..every single post by Shan in this thread can nominated for Finest posts. This is an absolute treasure house and a must read for anyone who wishes to eat/stay healthy by exploring alternate life-style ideas . The whole thread has been so lovingly nurtured over so many years and its a joy to see so many more participants recently .

Laks09, GoneGirl, Amica and 3 others like this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

That's a good analogy. But I am poor in sports and better at films. How about the Best Actor award? Sure, actors can rake up as many trophies. However, FP has a grey and discretionary fine print that does not enforce but only keeps it tacit that nominations are made on debut effort. A finer analogy is actually Best Debut Actor award. Here, debut is not necessarily the first time a poster floated something, or the rigid monthly timeline, but the first time the thread has been foregrounded in FP board. Why would we want to insinuate Best Debut Actor award on the same movie/actor/thread multiple times if the actor has already won and past the qualification?

ah! now you are making a distinction between a fine post and a fine thread. IIRC, when a whole thread as in a contributor is nominated, it is nominated for the effort and not specific sub-instances. Further, there can be instances of cross-posts or non-OP posts that may be renominated for their on par acclamation. We can tease apart the rules or tease along the rules. I hope you are taking it the latter in my fun tone.

Surely FP isn't the John Bates Clark Medal of the American Economic Association with stringent criteria to award economists under the age of forty. A lot of FP deliberation is predicated on discretion and less on abiding rules. What more congeniality can one ask in a social forum where a member feels enthused about another member to mindfully renominate. That is some hallmark of sweet camaraderie. I just get curious around the whimsical stuff. No wonder my friends chide, “Ira ...tum bhi na...you get curious about all the silly things in life and cast aside the serious and deeper contemplations of life” which incidentally covers Shanvy's poke "quote: you have so much time to think loud on jag's dilemma". Haha! I take out time for the silly banter in life if people are sportive. It is only when people start talking about Life, The Universe and Everything and other brooding subjects that I recede. Query on renomination is a charming and playful topic to discuss where no cats are hurt or Illmas are burdened in the making.

Laks09, Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks for the nomination jag. That thread is indeed a lifeline! Apart from learning new stuff, it is wonderful to go there and drool over all the colourful plates. Being a dedicated foodie, I keep making a beeline there everyday to see what's happening.

Laks09 and justanothergirl like this.
  6. satchitananda

Dear friends,

Am getting really worried. Half the month has flown by and there are only 2 nominations so far. Please bring in more nominations failing which I don't have any choice to make!

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

satchitananda likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Thanks Kamala for bringing this amazing piece of work to this forum.

kkrish likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

10. satchitananda

Thanks so much Vijima for nominating this thread. It is sad to see some children spending their lives craving for a bit of love and affection from the parents - something that should be their birthright.

Missed your presence here and am really glad to see you back. Requesting your support through your enthusiastic nominations.

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.