Finest Post Nominations - June 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mistt and teenulahari,

Thanks so much for bringing this gem of a post to this forum. It is inspirational to say the least. I remember reading BB's posts when she was going through that traumatic phase and I have been reading all her recent posts as well. I can't tell you how happy I feel reading about the positive changes in her life. It is really good that she has chosen to share her experiences here. There are many women on IL who are going through similarly trying times and are in a dilemma about what to do because they are afraid of the long term consequences. This example should serve as a beacon of hope to them and I wish BB and all women all the happiness they deserve in life.

teenulahari, IniyaaSri and Mistt like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

I am here to nominate Oj-da's Tryst With A Teacher You and I know that I fail to come up with words while describing this story teller and the feelings he evokes. I often wonder if it is the story itself or the teller that is spinning the magic. Like all of his posts, I was spellbound with this one too. But interestingly, you know the word tryst had me intrigued and teacher had me hooked in his title. So I go in to read and was spell bound. Indeed what a rendezvous. I am sure Oj da himself has made this kind of a difference in many a student's life.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks, Sabitha, for bringing this amazing piece here. OJ-da has attained the status of a writer of classics. We might not be blessed enough to have had the likes of an Utpal Dutt as a teacher, but the student is as illustrious and we are fortunate enough to have him here to regale us with fascinating stories.

Srama likes this.
  4. Lekshmys

Lekshmys New IL'ite

5. Radan

Radan Senior IL'ite

6. Lekshmys

Lekshmys New IL'ite

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

8. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the nominations Lekshmy. Leena has enumerated a few ways in which we can avoid mosquito bites and hence vector-borne diseases. Someone recently told me that strongly perfumed moisturizing lotion also keeps mosquitoes away. I tried and it really worked. Also I feel, better than chemicals, our old method of using udbattis and dhoop is effective and safe, since most of them are made of plant based products.

This thread was not to be found. I got an error message. Please recheck the link and resubmit.

9. satchitananda

Dear Radan, thanks for the nominations. Unfortunately I find that the first 3 threads are extremely old and the OPs are also not active any longer.

I would request you to let me know whether you want to submit 3 others instead of #1,2 and 3. Otherwise, readers can still read these threads.

Vijima's thread is written from her heart. A sensitive person can get very hurt by the behaviour of others, even if they mean no harm; but these days people are so busy and stressed out, that even communication sometimes seems a big effort. On the other hand, a person who is active mentally and physically and who has retired after a life of working can feel really lost. Vijima is an example of a person who has learned so many skills despite her age and she shows a lot of us the way to keep active, no matter what.

iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thankyou very much for the heart touching message Satchi dear. You have understood my feelings so Well. You are rocking in Finest forum with your apt replies. God bless you dear

satchitananda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.