Finest Post Nominations - June 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

kkrish and jskls like this.
  2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Doree for nominating my post
    Agatha83

Doree likes this.
  3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Here is my second nomination for June.

Clean Bowled!

Balajee's humor is incomparable.

oj-da

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gauri, sorry for the delay in replying. Excellent nominations.

I loved Soka's thread. What a wonderful initiative, egged on by you and I can guess the other person though he has not mentioned the name. :) This is something I'd like to do - learn how to write well. However, (notice, I did not start my sentence with 'but'? :p) I am quite scared of posting there after seeing all the erudite posts and responses there. So I am taking the easy way out by posting my response here. Do hope more and more ILites decide to make use of the information in that thread.

Susila' thread was most amusing and I read it again to see if she was hinting at me!!! Considering me cribbing about my various aches and pains! I was quite relieved to find that she was referring to some senior citizens. Me? A senior citizen? Naaaah.... I still have a long way to go before I claim discounts on air/train tickets from the Govt. of India.

IniyaaSri's writing skills need no introduction. I enjoyed reading her story and am looking forward to more episodes.

Kaput's is one more of those amazing threads in IL where we see living examples of helping a virtual friend whom one has never seen with practical advice, often based on one's own experiences. It is indeed heartening to see such goodness left in people. I'd like to show such threads to the incurable cynics I come across in daily life.

Thanks once again for all the nominations Gauri.

IniyaaSri and iyerviji like this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks Doree. Each of the threads you have nominated is very interesting. Agatha's 'Jab we met' was riveting and I have always considered writing a book about all the characters I met in my groom hunting endeavours. However, over time, as I read more and more about such experiences, they make me feel really hopeless about marriages in India. Although things have changed considerably, it seems to me to be a case of old wine in a new bottle.

Anika's thread was very interesting. I can completely relate to what she has to say (although I have not been in that situation myself, I have heard such comments about other NRIs so often). I can't see why people have to stoop to making others feel bad to make themselves feel better about their own lot. The thread led to a lot of discussion between which is better - India or abroad. It is evident there is no one answer, but I do hope Anika has found sufficient ammunition there to counter-attack next time she faces such comments.

Anivijay had me wondering in the first para about why she would mind taking care of a kid. However, as I read on, my puzzlement turned to horror. It is really sickening to read about people who take advantage of others' goodness. Saying 'no' is a skill which we need to learn. Unfortunately we are brought up to be most obliging to everyone around us and it is so hard to change one's innate nature and to refuse.

Thanks a lot for your nominations. :)

Doree likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Dear Kamala, thanks so much for bringing this post to the FP forum. jskls's post is so heart-warming. She has very succinctly expressed how so many of us feel about our dads. Isn't it amazing? Most people (except perhaps some who have the misfortune of being born to parents from hell) feel their parents are the best in the world. Fathers are heroes who can do no wrong and moms are seriously sent to earth to be there for us at all times. Blessed are those who have such good parents, especially given our extended state of dependency on them as compared to other species. Where would we be without them?

7. satchitananda

Dear OJ-da, thanks a lot for this nomination. Balajee clean bowls all of IL with his caustic humour which leaves no one in doubt about his message. His take off on some news channels and news presenters is indeed hilarious.

It is indeed ridiculous how such channels keep dividing people into 'traitors' and 'bhakts'. There is no scope for any opinion other than held by these news channels. This is the most blatant case of 'sponsored' news that one comes across.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Satchi dear i think @Susila was. Hinting me

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My second nomination for the month is Sunburst's contributions to the thread "Should one go the Entrepreneur Route?" @Sunburst has posted detailed information in the thread about the research needed, benefits, risks and much more: post 1, post 2.

As nomination rules require one particular post to be nominated, choosing one: Should One Go The Entrepreneur Route?

satchitananda and Sunburst like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.