Finest Posts - July 2016 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All

It’s a lazy Sunday afternoon and with a heavy lunch in my stomach screaming for more space, anyone with good sense will do what the Spanish are famous for. Take a siesta! In fact, it is the paradox of a heavy meal. Take it at noon and you are soon in dreamland. But try the same meal for dinner and you will need to count millions of sheep to fall asleep. Coming back to my story, why am I not taking a siesta when conditions are extremely favourable for it? It’s because I have the twin job of calling for nominations for August and announcing the Winners for July. I know what you are thinking. I can almost hear it and why not when your thinking is so loud? This fellow can never do a thing without complaining is what that grimace on your face implies!

We have again received 23 nominations as in June. Formidable names like Gauri, Meenasankaran, Rihana, OJ, Satchi, parineetha and Agatha are making the FP Forum a ‘must visit’ place in IL I feel inadequate at times to sit on judgement of the writings of such people. But at the same time, they make it such a learning process for me.

People say that the mood in which we wake up in the morning sets the tone for the day. Right from the first pearly white sunray drifting into your room to the accompaniment of some soul stirring music of the early birds, if everything makes you smile contentedly, how can that day ever go wrong?

I have great pleasure in declaring @parineetha ’s

The Pinnacle Of Intoxication – Part Ii

as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award of the Month.

Thank you jayasala, Viswa and padma0604 for your nomination of this gorgeous post!

Grandfathers can be incorrigible! And charmingly so! If you want to know how the Sultans of yore might have made us squirm with their autocratic actions, then you must listen to tales of grandparents that are delightfully narrated by the likes of Agatha! You’ll get the picture as authentic as the exhibits of The Louvre in Paris!

I have great pleasure in declaring @Agatha83 ‘s

Sultan And My Grandpa

as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award of the Month.

Thank you OJ, parineetha, kamalji and padma0604 for supporting

this Nomination!

The Winners will shortly have a Special Ribbon proclaiming them as FP Winners along with their names in every post as well as their profile page. This will remain in place for six months!

Ciao again next month!

Your FP Team

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Wow! Two of my favorite writers are declared winners this months and congratulations to Neetu and Agatha. Their quality of writing is a great inspiration to me.

Viswa

Agatha83 likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Viswa, Padma, OJ , Kamalji ,Jayakka and Parineetha for nominating. Padma glad two of your nominations got the award

parineetha and Viswamitra like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Parineetha and Agatha.

jayasala 42

Agatha83 and parineetha like this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Cheeniya Sir. I’m truly honored and deeply touched.
    More than winning, the love and appreciation the IL’s shower every time I write itself is so overwhelming.
    I don’t think I’ll ever get this platform elsewhere and the sense of camaraderie here is beyond my words. No wonder this place is always special and that’s why I keep coming back even after absconding for month’s together. Now getting this right after my re-entry is like welcoming me with a ‘bouquet of flowers’, so precious and gona be very close to my heart.

Thanks once again!

Viswamitra, Sairindhri and kaniths like this.
  8. parineetha

Many thanks Jaya Mam, Viswa Sir and Padma for considering my post worthwhile for nomination.
    It meansa lot, a real lot to get acknowledged by such great writers. I feel so soo special. Thanks again!

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. parineetha

Congratulations Agatha!
    I read you for the first time and I'm totally in love with your writing.
    This piece is so classic and I knew you gona win for sure! just amazing...

10. parineetha

Vijima,
    you're the 'all-time best cheer leader' I'd ever seen. Thankq thanq for all your encouragement and support.

iyerviji likes this.