Finest Posts - January 2017 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear ILites,

It is a privilege to go through the finest post nominated by the ILites into the FP Forum. Nowadays, not many threads are nominated but I still consider it is a struggle to choose the best of the equals. It makes me wonder how Cheeniya Sir and Kamala reviewed over 40 nominations and decided on one Finest Contribution and one Finest Narration. When I went through the Index of January 2017 nominations, only 10 contributions were nominated. Please encourage the writers here in IL with your nominations and that would make them write more and more in IL. I don't mind taking the challenge of reviewing more contributions.

The winner of the finest narration is "A Not So Intellectual On Jallikkattu & Tamil Unity written by @GoogleGlass. He has acknowledged in the thread itself that @Shanvy, @periamma and @jskls encouraged him to write this thread. What a thorough analysis on the most controversial subject that had been discussed for months! The most important value in the thread I noticed was his ability to discuss various topics systematically and connect them all together to derive his conclusion. We both disagreed on some of his views but the quality of the content, style of writing, research involved in collecting data, connecting various pieces of puzzle together to prove how the local culture and tradition is systematically destroyed with vested interest, are stunning. His arguments about the value of old traditions and reasoning are unquestionable.

The winner of the finest contribution is Would You Do It? written by @soulful. There isn't day pass by without me getting humbled by someone or something destroying my ego. I always believe it is an invisible organ that exist always inside of us which no surgeon can easily operate and remove and only our experiences can humble us. As I mentioned earlier it takes a lot of courage to introspect, identify the presence and analyze the cause. In addition, it is very difficult for someone to articulate that in a public domain for others to benefit out of such brilliant articulation of thoughts.

Congratulations to both winners. Thank you @Rihana and @knbg for nominating these two wonderful posts to the FP section. The winners will have a special ribbon displaying FP winner along with their names in every post made by them apart from a display in the profile page. This will remain in tact for next six months.

Regards

On behalf of the FP Forum

knbg, soulful, GoogleGlass and 4 others like this.

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

5. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

soulful and GoogleGlass like this.
  6. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Need to mention here that many feedbacks in Jallikattu thread added more value to the topic be it favoring or not. Some first hand information by many posters on the topic was remarkably presented.

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@jskls,

Thank you for pointing that out to me. Even @Rihana in her nomination mentioned about the excellent responses. I did write about it in my draft but somehow I deleted it to focus my attention on the winning write up of @GoogleGlass nominated by @Rihana. But I would strongly suggest the members to nominate such individual responses, if they like them, so that those wonderful responses could be acknowledged individually. Sometimes, those responses could be the winner. :)

Viswa

soulful, GoogleGlass and jskls like this.
  9. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame