Finest Posts - January 2012 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear EQ,

Let me assure you that you have not broken any ruled by nominating a serial story that has been posted in our Stories forum. Even in the past, some of the stories got nominated and if my memory does not fail me, a couple of them have also been winners.

Of course, it makes good sense to nominate them once the story has been completed. Also, your intentions for nominating a post here is totally correct. That is exactly the purpose of finest posts! So, thanks for nominating lovelyme's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/151996-a-trip.html.

L, Kamla

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kammo
    I forgot to write here I was droolling at your yummy avatar:biggrin2:
    Did you bake that yummy cake???

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hey EQ! Yes I did and much as I would like to parcel a morsel for you, its all gone!

Luv ya...Kamla

1 person likes this.
  4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla
    Wish you and your dear ones a fantabulous 2012! Have you read this recent one by our dear Satchi?.... if yes, you know what I'm coming to, if no.....plz. do read it. Being a bigtime lover of humor myself, I believe good humor does not belittle or promote stereotypes, for it springs from the heart, not the mind. As long as we maintain our sense of humor, we'll live life wholesale. Satchi's thread validates all this and more! And as my tribute to this power of humor, may I nominate SAtchi's post My Rich and Varied Heritage towards finest post Jan 2012. Regards,
    MEGALIFE

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manju
    Thanks for a spicy, pickled nomination....a joyful start to 2012.
    Mega

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Megalife,

Nice to meet you in the new year! Humor is a special gift and one who has it is blessed. I am sure your nomination is great fun to read. I cannot wait! Thank you.

L, Kamla

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla
    The thread “Handbag” by KKrish is a part social satire and a part a rollicking comedy. “Handbag” while being entertaining, is a post that brilliantly imagines, highlights and extends the importance women attaches to this essential and vital accessory . It gives me incredible delight to make my second nomination http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/153547-handbag-7.html by KKRISH for her ability to whirl a tale from a practically zilch topic.
    Mega

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

9. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla and SS,
    My second nomination for this month is towards 'Finest Post - Contribution'. I'd like to nominate Swaran's thread MARGAZHI KOLAMS -- Share Yours! :). Though Margazhi and drawing kolams is a regional practice, art and creativity are universal. Swaran has done a great job by starting this thread, wherein, in addition to her own contributions, others with marvellous artistic talent have shared their content too. Seeing the kolams shared there is a feast to one's eyes. Thanks to Swaran for creating a platform where people can contribute, enjoy and learn kolams from each other.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Megalife,

Looks like you have turned your very perceptive mind to highlight the gems that appear in our IL! Thanks for nominating another wonderful post by Kkrish, it sure is a worthy read for every woman who possesses a handbag and for all those men who need to buy the same for the lady in their life!

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.