Finest Posts - February 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL Members,

Just a few weeks back, we were welcoming the new year 2017 and it feels like within a few hours, we breezed through January and already in February 2017. The time is moving at the speed of light while To Do List is growing exponentially as the clock tick every second. Those who have taken new year resolutions for the year 2017 now have only 11 months to accomplish their goals. Before, we all realize, the shortest month of the year will disappear in a heartbeat.

To the elite IL members, as usual, I have only one request to make. While you are at your To Do List, please nominate other ILites’ threads to the FP section. Whether you start the week with a nomination on Monday morning or end the week on Friday evening with a nomination, please be assured that your nomination will get the best attention it deserves from our friends in IL and more and more of them will read and respond encouraging the writers to write more. With Cheeniya Sir’s response in a few threads, there should be more motivation for ILites to nominate at least to read his eloquent responses. The days are not too far away from him taking the role of the Super Moderator and enlighten us with his exquisite responses.

What is so special about February other than it being a shorter month? The Chinese celebrate Lunar new year between January 19th and February 23rd. One needs to be in Beijing or Shanghai or Hong Kong to see the festivities or at least live in a place where there is a Chinatown which celebrates New year party. It is unfortunate that a Mosque in Quebec is attacked during this month as otherwise it would mark a grand celebration in Old Town, Quebec City. Winter carnival begins every year around 27th January and continues until February 12th. This is the time to be in Venice, Italy to celebrate Piazza San Marco. If one likes to party, it is time to dress up and participate in the world’s best-known baroque fancy-dress party and celebrate the approach of spring with refined gusto.

Once again, I request the ILites to nominate more of the contributions of the members of the IL. It thrills the writer to come up with innovative write-ups encouraged by fellow ILites. We are not blessed with the ability to extract the creative thoughts of the people until they communicate them well and this forum provides a tremendous opportunity to do so. Let us welcome by nominating such posts to FP section creating a challenge for the moderators to choose the best of the equals.

Viswa

P.S.: I have started the February nomination invitation early enough for those in different time zones to nominate the new threads written in February 2017. However, those who are in Western Time Zones are welcome to continue nominate the January posts until January 2017 nomination thread is closed tomorrow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link: Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating Feedback, please remember to add a link to the feedback post and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the Feedback post that you are nominating:
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?"

knbg, Amica, Rihana and 1 other person like this.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Amica likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Hi @Amica,

Thank you for nominating the post of @blackbeauty84's When Things Are Bit Strange… to the FP section. Transparency plays a prominent role in every successful wedding and it makes people go to places that had never been to by anyone. The second guessing all through one's life about the prior life of the spouse before marriage is kind of a place no one wants to be. Either it should be everything shared, no one wants to learn more about it and move on without any further inquiries or alternatively go deep into the details so that there is nothing more to reveal. Either one of the options should work.

When we make the foundation of trust, it should be concrete and steel that would stay strong even during a hurricane. How the foundation is to be created is left to the spouses. It might not be @blackbeauty84 who liked to get into the details but her husband might feel comfortable only when she learned everything about his past life before the marriage.

I am so happy to know all went well in the meeting.

Viswa

Amica likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viswamitra for the generous feedback. I love the above lines and I seriously beleive that marriage should be capable of withstanding all the pressures.

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa Sir,
    Best regards.
    Here is my first nomination for Finest Contribution:
    Shri Sai Satcharita Quiz. by my dear @suryakala akka.
    She is always there, fondly called Suryakala ma and akka by the virtual Sai family....giving support and guidance by her prayers and posts. In this thread, she has made the reading of holy Saisatcharitra more interesting, challenging and regular to us by her daily quiz questions. Commend her steadfast devotion, patience and loving encouragement to us.
    Sairam.

suryakala and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Bhargavi,

Thank you for nominating @suryakala's Shri Sai Satcharita Quiz.. The peace of mind one gets by reading Sai Satcharita is unbelievable. The feeling is like standing inside the Sanctum Sanctorum in Shirdi.

@suryakala's method to present quiz out of Sai Satcharita is an excellent idea. This is the best way everyone could remember every chapter very well. She is doing a wonderful job of grouping and encouraging many ILites here through her devotional presentations. I remember Sai Sakthi had set up a virtual Shrine here in IL as well. Group Parayana used to be a regular practice earlier and I am not sure whether it still continues.

Viswa

suryakala likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Mydeahttp://indusladies.com/community/threads/a-story-of-a-valentines-day-and-a-few-days-that-followed.159949/r Viswa I am here with my first nomination for this month. It isnone another than our dear Satchi's @satchitananda post which is so touching though it is an old post

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Thanks so much for the nomination. That's really sweet of you. However, not only is the post old, it has already been given the finest narration when I first wrote it. So it would not be fair for it to be considered again.

Of course, I am happy that more people can read it and for that I will be happy.

iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Viswamitra likes this.