Finest Posts - December 2011 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Guess what dear friends,

This is the last and final chance we get to surprise all of you at Finest Posts Forum for the year of 2011 and we are making the best use of it! Yes, here we appear a day earlier than usual to give all of our patrons a pleasant surprise and announce the winners for the month of December! This surely will set a positive note for all of us to start 2012 with a spring in our step! :)

[Okay you guys 'down under'!! There is no way to beat you to it..Agreed!!]:hiya

There is another reason too for being early, must mention. After reading a certain vocabular and racy narration about struggling to make up for a delay, it was decided that we do not possess the abilities of the writer to either dash or whiz past hurdles nor are we blessed with her charms which could bowl over even those airport officials. Better that we be on time and make you all aware of her capabilities, her writing proficiency and her winsome attitude. So friends, we recommend our winner to you all for a good read if you have already not done that:

Winner of Finest Narration is Uttaraa for her " Ain't no mountain high enough, Ain't no valley low enough,Ain't ....".
    Congratulations Uttaraa! :cheers

With your post, you had all of us racing through that airport along with you and one definitely was out of breath and wiping the sweat off the forehead after reading it! You have left us thirsting for more snippets from you! Trust you will not disappoint us! :bowdown :clap

At this festive time when most of us are dressing up for parties or celebrations, whenever I glanced at the mirror, I could not help but think time and again about the post I recently read in our snippets forum. Come to think of it, most of our members have read it and have taken an active part in that particular thread going by the number of replies and views the thread has received till now. Goes to show how the post has touched most of us very personally. And why not, all of us have a....Complexion. Therefore:

Winner of the Finest Contribution is Prana for her "Complexion..?"
    Congratulations Prana! :clap

Is it not ironical that in a country like India where we come in every color of human skin that exists, we are so obsessed with the color of the skin? The fairer the better! Prana has brought our attention to this malady which is very prevalent in our nation and the experiences and thoughts of all the members who have added their two cents to the subject is worth a read and contemplation. This thought provoking snippet has qualified itself as the best contribution! If our young citizens set their hearts to erase this discrimination in our society, it should be given every encouragement and support. :thumbsup

Thanks Prana for bringing this post to us. We are all aware of the importance given to the color of the skin in our communities and yet we have become immune to it and do not even react. We need such wake up calls every now and then to push us out of slumber! :yes:

The winning announcement cannot be complete if Arunarc and Iyerviji are not mentioned, our winners by default! :)Thanks to both of you for spotting the winning posts and bringing them to us first!
    By the way, both of you must be running successful stores selling all those T-shirts!:biggrin2:

Dear winners, please contact our IL admin and provide them with your contact address. Thank you.
    support@indusladies.com

Links to the winning posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...aint-no-mountain-high-enough.html#post2044481
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/152631-complexion.html

6 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Another year passes by and I must say, it was a very rewarding and rich year as far as our FP is concerned because it seems to have brought on an onslaught of great narrations and contributions.

The year has seen an healthy input both from our grand old stalwarts and brand new entrants! The month of December has not been any different and is a true representation of the trend that FP has seen recently.

Recent members like Knbg, Mansimahi, SSC, EverHappy and last but not least, Megalife have been making their mark with their very interesting contributions. :thumbsup

Then some like Prana and Sbonigala seem to have decided to join the ranks of the finest contributors! We at FP welcome them with open arms!:cheers

Our popular writers Mindian, Srama, Kkrish, Satchidananda pose us eternal challenge every month end! With these winners around, how can a new winner find her/his way to the winning post??!! :spinYet, Uttaraa did run to it with sheer speed!:)

How can one ever overlook members like Artvani and Manjukps? Going by the number of nominations they receive, they are the stars of their forums with a strong fan following! Their commitment and patience is awe inspiring. :clap

And to throw one off the balance, there appears the star amongst the stars, Mr Cheeniya himself! Since it has been his wish to withdraw from contest, we are spared of further embarrassments! :bowdown

So friends,
    Come rain or shine
    Come December or new year
    We at FP keep going
    Month after month
    Year after year
    As long as you wonderful and sportive guys are here!

Take Care and I wish you all a Happy and Healthy 2012!:2thumbsup:

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

congratulations Uttara, Prana, Aruna, Viji mami

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Uttara for the sprint to the winning post. The same goes for you Prana. You gave an age old practice a brand new complexion. Thanks for highlighting this negative practice and let us hope it makes more people conscious of the need for change.

Congratulations Vijima and Aruna for nominating the winners. By the way, am curious, how many T shirts have each of you collected????? :rotfl

Kamla, I really enjoy reading your posts announcing the winners as well as summing up the nominated threads of the previous month. There should be an award instituted just for these posts. :-D

1 person likes this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Uttara and Prana.

Congratulations viji aunty and Aruna.

Regards
    Manjukps

6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Your post is so motivating for new, senior, stars alike. What could be a best gift for me this New year than a mention of my name in your summarizing post and FB from Cheeniya sir (Sri Uncle) to my snippet http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/154667-message-of-life.html#post2056487 . I AM HONORED

Right now as my camera has a problem couldn't post pics in any of the forums. As soon as I get it repaired will continue my picture posts in stitching as well as clean home threads.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prana
    My hearty congratulations to you for winning the Finest Contribution Award with your profound post on ‘Complexion’. It made me very pensive. This is a human trait that started somewhere down the line during the process of human evolution and has assumed sinister proportions now. The winning of the dark skinned Leile Lopes as Miss Universe of 2011 gives us a lot of hopes that fairness of skin may not be the prime factor henceforth to emerge victorious in any field. Some of our highest paid models are dark skinned.
    Your post on ‘Complexion’ richly deserves the accolades it has received.
    Sri

4 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Dear Uttaraa
    If this ‘Damsel in distress’ post of yours had not won the FP Award this month, I would have eaten my hat! To tell you the truth, after I finished reading this racy post of yours, I was surprised to find myself panting and a couple of additional paragraphs in your classic post would have even seen me frothing at the mouth!
    My hearty congratulations to you Uttaraa! May you continue to enthrall us with such racy posts through 2012! 2012, being a leap year, should see you growing in stature in leaps and bounds!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    ‘A day earlier than usual’ sounds quite unlike the announcement that the Indian Railways make usually. They say it in minutes. If they are asked to make this FP winner announcement, they would have said ‘1440 minutes earlier than usual’. When we talk of starting 2012 with a spring in our step, I am reminded of Fred Astaire. He was equipped with not just one spring but several of them in his step. How he danced his way into our hearts those days! Those who deify guys like Prabhu Deva and Hritik Roshan for their dancing haven’t seen the dancing of Fred Astire.
    I should say that your announcement of Uttaraa’s post as the winner of Finest Narration is certainly racier than her mad rush to catch her flight. I am sure she wore the same smug smile on occupying her seat as you wore after announcing her as the winner. I have seen Sebastian Vettel wearing it every time he wins a Formula One race. I guess the smug smile is part of racing of all kinds, be it running to catch a flight, or announcing a winner in a racy style or driving a F1 car to victory.
    In the FP forum there are three winners every month, one permanent and the other two variable. Do I have to say that you are the permanent winner? May you scale greater heights of announcement during 2012!
    Sri

6 people like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Uttaraa and Prana, hearty congratulations to both of you! Wonderful to see both of you starting off the New Year with such a bang :)

Dear Aruna and Vijima, congratulations on spotting the winning posts!!

Happy New Year to all!!