Finest Posts - August 2012 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends,

I guess you are waiting with great curiosity to know who the two winners are for August. While we were discussing about the winning posts, my wise colleague said, " How does it matter?" and he is so right! :) After all, all the posts were brought here to FP by you folks because the post gripped your interest or heart and that makes them winners by default.:exactly: Having said that, we owe it to the writers to show our special appreciation each month and selecting two is an encouragement to the writing fraternity as a whole.

This month too, we honor two more of our prolific writers who somehow seem to have touched us with their magical words. We are convinced that all of you will be just as pleased as we are to know the winners.

The Winner of the Finest Narration is RGSrinivasan (rgs) for his poignant poem 'Laughable'!
    Congratulations Rgs! :cheers

When I got to read the poem, I was floored by the very first line itself: "Standing before my lifeless form". I thought I did not read it right and read it again wondering if the sleep at that late hour of the night has dimmed my reading abilities. But there was no mistake, those were the words! I read the whole poem at one glance which blurred towards the end of the poem.
    The poem, you will all realize is short, too short really! But what it says between the lines is a long long story told many times before. The tale of the downtrodden woman is as old as the hills and we have countless examples beginning from Ahalya, Sita to our own numerous ladies in the family and relationship forums. RGS's poem comes as a classic blow the woman gives to her ungrateful partner from the yonder world and that too in the form of a laugh. Its brevity in fact is its beauty. He has said it all without spending too many words and yet, it works wonders.

Thanks Rgs for this poem. Also, thanks for the many poems you seem to quietly adorn our site with! We look forward to more!

The Winner of Finest Contribution this month goes to Viswamitra for his posts on Adoption!!

Congratulations Viswamitra! :thumbsup :thumbsup

I dont think any of you are surprised about Viswamitra's win this month!! Viswamitra has proved that his name is no accident, it befits him to the T! He seems to be present in the whole world (viswam) of IL and in the form of a true friend (mitra) to one and all.
    As is the norm, his nominated posts on adoption have been named for his very generous and in depth contribution on the various facets of adoption. But in reality, he has been posting very valuable posts full of advice, insight, help and concern and information in any number of forums all over our site. From a very successful innings in the blog section, he has now invaded the snippet, family and relationship, religion forums just to name a few that I know of. If he is dishing out recipes or talking about crafts, we will find out soon enough in our FP forum! Hence, his overall contribution is also to be appreciated.

Viswamitra, your posts are truly awe inspiring. What underlines almost all of your posts is the basic goodness and decency. The depth of information and the sincere advice you impart in your posts is a reflection upon your concern for your fellow beings and the way your posts are eagerly read and responded to goes to show how everyone appreciates them!

Thanks for everything and looking forward to many many more posts from you and I have no doubt they will come in regular flow!

With these two nominations, we have achieved a sort of First of its kind in our FP. Both our winners are men and it surely feels good that our mainly women's forum is slowly achieving its much sought after equality between the two genders! Lets celebrate that!! :) :thumbsup :cheers

And ofcourse, we have to thank some very lovely people for bringing these winners to us and becoming winners themselves in the bargain.... Sriniketan, thanks for nominating Rgs. Arch and VJb, thanks to both of you for Viswamitra's posts on adoption! :thumbsup

All winners...Please give your contact info at the below email so your gifts can be sent to you. Thanks!
    support@indusladies.com

Links to the winning posts:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/poems-and-poets-place/174988-laughable.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/adoption/178323-adoption-in-india-a-perspective.html#post2397806

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/adoption/178643-adopted-parents-dilemma.html

4 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello all,

Going by the nominations for the month of August, it is obvious that all of you are just as involved in the FP forum as us moderators...if not more! Going at this rate, we might average two nominations per day soon! :coffeeThis is only a reflection on the number of good writers we have and the attractive topics some have chosen to elaborate upon. Our 'Good to Read/Write forum has indeed come of age!:clap

Iyerviji set the ball rolling with the Yogic postures of Srama and the list started rocking to the tunes of Mindian with ease! There was no stopping Quickbec, ahem, Quebec whose concerns for a happy family life brought in all of five nominations in a quick succession. While Eandian and Magee eulogized on 'husbandisms', we got to see the hilarious 'mami' (mami=aunty) side of our elusive Meenasankaran. Satchidananda, Arch (the new talent on the block!), Chithirainilavu, Rekharam tried to alert our antennae to the social injustices , human behaviour or humanity in general.

Even as we learnt from Shanvy how deal with the tantrums of a child, bed time stories too could have helped going by Knbg's post. Srinketan's mechanical smiles certainly were cheering although a walk in the backyard with NithaJ would have been more pleasant methinks..

All this pondering was put to rest as one started following the illustrious mind of Viswamitra. Churning out posts in all forums of our site, one didn't know where to catch him! For Iyerviji, not only do special people travel in her heart, all her special snippets and posts regularly travel to FP forum along with Sudha Kailas's first exhibition too!

Great contributions by Pranjjal and Bhavnam3. While the former helps us to riches, the latter enriches our spiritual needs! We need both to lead a content life and certainly we all need some silence to contemplate although according to Suryakala, there is much more to silence. Silent is what we become after RGS's poem sinks in........! Aaah!

And the FP nominations go on and on to enthrall us further....:cool2:Thanks to all of you who brought in the nominations and to those who gave us those wonderful posts..both mentioned and many unmentioned!:)

L,Kamla

4 people like this.
  3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wow... Thats great to know that.. Two of my favourite writers have been the winners..

CONGRATS RGS & VISWAMITRA SIR.

2 people like this.
  4. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!

@RGS AND @VISWAMITRA,

KEEP GOING GUYS............

GO GO GO !!!!!

WELL DONE.......

TAKE CARE
    CHOW

1 person likes this.
  5. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

CONGRATS !!!!!

@SRINIKETAN, @ARCH, @VJB

KEEP THE EAGLE EYES ON FOR MORE WONDERFUL NOMINATIONS......

AND ALSO PEN SOME ALSO............

YABA DABA DOOO!!!!!!

TAKE CARE
    CHOW

6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Pallavi4me,

I Say its the time to celebrate........

What do you think...????

He He He........
    (Cheeky laugh)

take care
    chow

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am extremely happy for both of you, Viswa and RGS! The gender-twist notwithstanding, Kamla has done a splendid job in selecting the winners. Viswa is already being looked upon as our in-house Guru by many of our young members and RGS has emerged as our in-house poet. I do hope that this recognition will spur you on to greater achievements.

Kamla's short resume of the nominations received this month is sweet. I have seen many ladies going around with smelling salt to reactivate themselves from a stupor that they are ready to fall into at the sight of anything out of the ordinary. Kamla walks around with a bottle of honey to spread cheer and sweetness around!

A heart-filling month that has really ended beautifully!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations RGS and Viswa for winning and Sriniketan, Arch and VJB for nominating

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Contragulations RGS and Viswa Sir! Congratulations on nominating the winning posts Srini, Arch and VJB.

1 person likes this.
  10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations viswa sir and rgs. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.