Finest Posts - April 2016 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 2, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All

When Jey and Malathy placed at our disposal the beautifully refurbished site, I became so intoxicated with its beauty and its features that I started rummaging through its contents like a drunken monkey through the Madhuvana. God knows how long I was engaged in this pleasant pastime but I suddenly remembered the lines of Robert Frost,
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Oh yes, the promise made to you about announcing the FP results before 3rd of the following month. I am not writing a book on ‘My experiments with Truth’ but a promise is a promise. I rarely make promises and more rarely keep them but this time it is different. I just don’t derive any more pleasure in breaking my promise. You may blame it on my age!

The month of April did shower nominations and I just threw the umbrella away and got myself drenched completely singing,
    When April showers come your way
    They bring the flowers that bloom in May
    So when it’s raining have no regrets
    Because it isn’t raining rain you know
    It’s raining violets!

Thirty nominations as precious as Dom Perignon! There are fabulous works of fiction, empty nests, flying birds, grounded birds, small town girls and buck passers! I read them all like a student whose performance will be evaluated in a bundle of pain. Believe me, it was quite a tough job this month! Minutes ticked into hours and hours into a day. Finally I pitched on a little kid and a small town girl! I am sure you could make a guess.

Amica became instantly enchanted with the sweet name of the little kid. Its creator carries an extra ‘s’ and I wonder how many of you noticed it. I refer to smilealwayss and her Gulgula, a little kid! A sweet take of a child on the life around and its profound lesson have been presented by smilealwayss with disarming simplicity!

I have great pleasure in declaring smilealwayss’

Gulgula: a little kid!

as the winner of the Finest Contribution Award.

Thank you kaniths for nominating a thread that is as sweet as you are!

When someone says ‘She’s’ I start wondering if she means she is or she was. At least in the instant case, it could be only ‘She was’. She has come a long way from the rustic semi-urban girl that she once used to be. She is now a sophisticated city girl who can steal a place even in a queue of millions! A real Miracle and that too one in a 1000, you would say!

I have great pleasure in declaring Miracle1000’s

She's A Small Town Girl...

as the winner of the Finest Narration Award.

Thank you Bhargavi for the nomination of the Winner!

Dear winners and nominators, please PM your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so she can send your gifts. Thanks again!

Ciao again next month!
    Your
    FP Team

Cimorene, Vaikuntha, knbg and 10 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow what a superb announcement my dear Anna, I am short of words to praise you.

Genius and Success full People do not Relax in Chairs,
    They Relax in Work,
    They Sleep with Dreams
    and Wake with Determination and Commitment…

Miracle1000 and Cheeniya like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @kaniths and @knbg for selecting the winners, a worthy nomination

knbg, kaniths and Miracle1000 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Congratulations to the winners @smilealwayss and @Miracle1000 and the nominators @kaniths and @knbg.

A child and a small town girl have stolen the hearts of many adults and city dwellers. A very well deserved nominations and winners.

Viswa

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

8. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

9. Miracle1000

Miracle1000 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much Cheeniya Sir.. My heartfelt thanks to you for writing a nicest message along with the announcement.. It was much needed when I was going through an emotional rundown.. You have no clue how much your words have given a positive vibe in a dark and gloomy day.. There are times when people make you feel like a nothing.. Like how much ever we try to sate them, it's always never enough.. This acceptance and recognition is what I needed right now.. Like I'm also worthy of something.. And it definitely helped me to gather my wits.. Loads of thanks to you and I really mean it.. :)

@Bhargs :

Please accept my sincere gratitude dear.. You have started this Domino effect by nominating my post and it has surprised me positively today.. Million thanks to you :)

@Everyothers :

Thanks to you all for encouraging me, taking your time to read and share the opinions and help me improvise.. You guys mean a lot to me.. Thank you :)

StrangerLady and knbg like this.
  10. Miracle1000

Miracle1000 Platinum IL'ite