Finest Post Winners - May 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I am truly overwhelmed. Wow! What a wonderful response! Around the middle of the month, I was agonising over the fact that we barely had 2 nominations. However, that probably had more to do with the heat and dust of this month. Even more heartening was the wide variety of posts that found their way to the forum. I truly felt like a child in a pastry shop. I wanted to give prizes for all. Hand on my heart, all the posts are absolute winners. Sadly, though, the adult world which I (unfortunately) inhabit, does not allow me such luxuries. Only 2 posts can officially be declared as winners.

The men on this forum have clearly stolen the thunder this month. What could be a greater treat to a women's forum than to have the administrator writing an ode in recognition of the role of his better half as a mother! That too in the month of International Mothers’ Day. What I Learnt Being Mr.mom For 100-days - the sheer popularity of this thread is borne out by the sheer number of nominations it has received (Iravati, justanother, Kamla and Amica). I do hope that Jey will continue to treat us to many more wonderful write-ups in the coming days, months and years.

Another instance of an outstanding contribution by a male member is Gopalan’s craft work – Dasavatharam by Quilling. Simply amazing work.

Google Glass had us all guessing and worrying about what was happening in his life ….. only to let on at the end that he was talking about ….. well, you all know what he was talking about. If not please go and read his thread in Snippets. If this had been the month of April, this would have qualified for the best April Fool post!

“Ojaantrik”. Why does the name remind me of some magician? Well, he is no less than a magician when weaving tales of events from his younger days.

Now, getting down to the serious business of deciding who are the winners, I would like to mention, that I am deviating from the norm this month and as a one off, I am selecting 3 winners: 1 for finest narration and 2 for the finest contributions.

As I said, OJAANTRIK is a magician when it comes to weaving narratives with his words. Therefore his snippet “KRISHNENDU – UNFINISHED TALE OF AN UNKNOWN PERSON” nominated by Doree is being selected for the Finest Narrative. Reading OJ-da’s stories is really nourishing for the mind.

Talking of nourishment, it is often said that the way to a man’s heart is through the stomach. That is very sexist I believe. I mean it is not only men who eat or men who are foodies. There are plenty of us on this site and it is no surprise that we all make a beeline, following our noses, to Shanvy’s thread “LUNCH IDEAS – CREATING BALANCED VEGETARIAN MEALS”. The menu on this thread includes ideas for balanced meals, colourful photos of various dishes, and liberal tips, ideas and information on health and nutrition by SHANVY. She plays a perfect balancing act between the traditional wisdom of our Indian cuisine and modern knowledge about nutrition and combining the two in a seamless manner. Not to forget the banter and fun which is thrown in for good measure, thus ensuring a balanced thread. So needless to say, with more than 7000 posts to its credit, the creator of this thread, nominated by justanothergirl and Amica gets the prize for the FINEST CONTRIBUTION.

How can we forget the field of education when it comes to talking of nourishment for mind and body? (Sorry, I am a dedicated foodie and cannot avoid talking and thinking about nourishment!!! :p) “Preparation for High School Education in the USA” is a wonderful example of a thread where many of our elite members have pitched in with very practical information and suggestions which will prove to be extremely useful to other members who plan to or have just moved to the US. One particular contributor comes to mind and his posts in this thread are of great value, not just in terms of ‘what to do’ tips but also in terms of ‘how to go about it’. I am talking about SOKANASANAH’s posts here, two of which have been nominated by Rihana and Shanvy. So the FINEST CONTRIBUTION prize goes to his POST which is particularly valuable to parents and makes a point of how education should be viewed in terms of bringing out the best in a child rather than looking at it as just a means to an end.

I request all our friends to keep up the good work and to continue bringing more and more posts to this forum. I like my brain being challenged at least once a month when it comes to having to make a choice!!!

Heartiest congratulations to all 3 winners and the nominators on behalf of the FP team.

upload_2017-5-31_18-0-29.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy, kkrish, vaidehi71 and 2 others like this.
  3. satchitananda

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy and momsky like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Well done Sakshi. You have done a thorough job. Amazing selection of the winners!
    Kudos to the winners @ojaantrik,@Shanvy and @sokanasanah.

Agatha83

Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  6. Doree

Doree Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations to Winners and excellent picks Satchi

Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks Agatha and Doree. :)

Shanvy likes this.
  8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I promise to not let the accolades go to my head, and to use my newfound powers wisely and for the greater good! :lol:
    Thank you!

Shanvy, Cheeniya, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to all the three winners.
    Jayasala 42

Shanvy likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to @ojaantrik, @Shanvy and @sokanasanah. Wonderful selections @satchitananda.

@ojaantrik, the king of snippets for narration!!!

@Shanvy, If I had read everyone of you post from the beginning, I would have gone down to the weight I had when I was in my early 30s. What a contribution you are making to the world of IL. Much deserved win!!!

@sokanasanah, Your Altruism is showing up already in most of your posts whether there are accolades are not!!!

Viswa