Finest Post Winners - June 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am extremely grateful to all of you for not letting me down. Nineteen nominations may be no great shakes considering that there had been months when we received nominations in excess of 30. But it means a lot in the present climate. The striking aspect this month is that more than 50% of the nominations relate to the responses of the members to the OP. It is nice to see that members are so earnest about their responses to the original threads.

Going through all the nominated posts was a joy despite my problematic right eye. I read slowly but surely! The interest shown by members like Iyerviji and Rihana in nominating their full quota is heart-warming indeed. It has been a tough job in selecting the two winners from the nineteen.

I have no intention to give you a resume of all the nominated posts but instead I’ll confine myself to the two Winning posts. Let us now hunt for the Finest Narration. Some people have the gift to see everything around them with ecstasy. When they see a barking dog, the watch the wagging tail and feel happy about it's show of love. They don’t get annoyed by the bark but swayed by the swinging tail. Like Browning who gets excited with everything he beholds like

The year’s at the spring,
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
    The lark's on the wing;
    The snail's on the thorn;
    God's in his heaven—
    All's right with the world!

They find everything ecstatic. You may have guessed about whom I am talking about. In every post of hers, she tells us to morvel at the first bloom of a flowering plant and not frown at the garbage nearby. A great attitude I would say. Srama has the habit of writing poetry in the form of prose. Like she has done in her latest post.

I have pleasure in awarding the Finest Narration Award to Srama’s
    Sometimes, We Just Have To Believe!

Most of us look around lazily for what is happening around us. We just carry on unmoved by it. But some people see a lot of life in whatever happens around them. They feel strongly about whatever they see around them. They do not dismiss it as ‘No skin off my nose’. They question ‘Why can’t people be broadminded to respect other’s tastes and mind their own business?’ when they witness disrespect shown to others’ feelings. This is the question raised by SCSusila in her latest thread. And it is a very valid question. If we find an answer for it, we’ll be far more chastened.

I have great pleasure in awarding the Finest Contribution Award to SCSusila for her thread
    An Opinion On Everything

My hearty congratulations to both Winners and their proposers Iyerviji, VinuthaS and Mistt!

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to @Srama and @SCSusila .
    Both threads deserve the win.

@Cheeniya Sri Sir
    It was very nice reading you post leading up to the announcement.
    I am very happy with your selections sir.
    They both are good writers and an asset to IL

Srama likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@kkrish
    Thank you KK. Such words coming from you really boost up my self-esteem. Thank you very much

kkrish likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Srama, VinuthaS and Mistt like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

There is so much to learn from you. You know I am a big fan of your writing and when you choose the best narration and best contribution, it makes one shake the head affirmatively. Besides, your enthusiasm, your will power and your determination to be perfect in your writing despite all the challenges in life is how I like to be going forward. I don't know what caused it but your writings are concise nowadays without losing its rigor and discipline.

Viswa

kkrish likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Sir, You are extremely good sir and we are the ones looking up to you for your wisdom, wit, and wonderful writings!
    I am sure you do not need me to boost your self-esteem.

7. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Don't you understand that you are spoiling me with this kind of unstinted praise. I feel great alright but I'm also acutely embarrassed. I had a job and I did it to the best of my satisfaction. If you are my fan, then what do I call myself? A Fan's fan?
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@kkrish
    Viswa a while ago and et tu KK?

9. Viswamitra

OMG! It came from the heart, Sir. I know neither your character nor your writing will change one bit by either praise or criticism. By writing this, you have reminded me of that quality in you that I forgot to mention. Frankly, if anything I write is sensible in IL, it is because of you :worship2:. Sir, please don't ask for my thumb and I need it to touch the space bar. :yikes:

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame