Finest Post Winners - July 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Whenever my wife goes to a well-known Silk Shop to buy a sari, I would accompany her if I have nothing else to do. As we are regular customers there, the employees in the shop would pamper her with such attention which would make even a Forbes’ billionaire jealous! As the employees spread all the latest arrival before her, she would appear more and more bewildered. She would pick every sari and go outside saying that the true color of the sari comes out clearly only in natural light. She would walk out ten times with ten different saris and finally select one.

As I sit here to select the Finest Post of the month, I go through similar pangs. All nominated posts claim attention and I give it to them. I realize how difficult it must be for the Oscar team to select the Winners from out of mind-blowing nominations. The job here is no easier I tell you. The difficulty here is that the ultimate judgment has to be both subjective and objective. To cut a long story short, I zeroed in on two winners finally.

Rainy evenings are always fascinating. It is a kind of link between heaven and earth that encourages us to sit near the window munching hot onion bajji and watching the flash of lightening. We watch the people fully drenched and walking through the pools of water smiling joyously. Yes. I can vividly relate to the Rainy Evening as described by maya84. She has been a member for over six years, making us wonder why she is not writing more often.

I have pleasure in announcing @maya84 as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award for her A Rainy Evening...

What makes a mother special? A million things really! It is not a game like arranging them from one to ten to say which of the million is the greatest. Each one of them is immeasurable. A mother’s resilience in all matters relating to her child cannot be graded. We learn it from Sandyr46’s narration of her friend’s tenacity in restoring her child to normal health.

I have great pleasure in announcing @Sandyr46 as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for her
    A Mothers Resilience
    My hearty congratulations to the Winners and my sincere thanks to Amulet, Anusha2917 and iyerviji for nominating the Winning Posts!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to the winners.
    ramasala

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya

:hello:An interesting intro for selection best post vis a vis saree. This website largely ladies centric and so sarees more befitting than ....
    @maya84
    Congratulation for winning the best narration. I feel quite drenched delectably
    @Sandyr46
    Congratulations for winning the best post - a resilience mother and role model.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God is busy with selections awards sarees and love resilient Mothers.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to both @maya84 and @Sandyr46 for the finest narration and finest contribution respectively. There is a special request to both of them. Please more and more in IL as we enjoy your writing so much.

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

True color of the life partner is known only after the wedding ceremony is over and similarly, the true color of the silk Saree is visible only in sunlight. So, you are one of those husbands who sit hours together in a Saree shop? Do you take something to eat? Many husbands advice me to take tooth brush and paste. I always send my wife alone with the debit card and somehow she appears to like the company of debit card better than me. But one satisfying feeling is she always appreciated what I picked up for her whenever I went with her. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Cheeniya, Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Yaswa

Yaswa Junior IL'ite

Congratulations both of you..

6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations both.. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

8. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

OMG just logged in and saw this
    Thank you so much ! What makes this win unique is the fact that this post and all the overwhelming responses I recieved gave my friend the much needed acknowledgement, motivation and strength she needed to stand up for herself finally.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much !

10. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Thankyou so much viji ma'am.
    Truly grateful to have this platform to voice ourselves and sometimes help change the life of others too !

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.